OUT OF RANGE! Error

BonBonBourbon

Hello! I have noticed that in the Nvidia control panel I can switch to a higher refresh rate on a lower resolution, e.g it shows 1600*900 at 85 Hz but when I switch to that my monitor shows a out of range error. I have connected my monitor with displayport of the graphics card. My monitor is BENQ GW2280 and my PC specs are i5-6400, GTX 950 it is pre-built with some Asus motherboard. 

It's a 60Hz monitor. Just because the option is there doesn't meant the monitor is able to run at that refresh rate, even with the lower resolution. 

1 hour ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

It's a 60Hz monitor. Just because the option is there doesn't meant the monitor is able to run at that refresh rate, even with the lower resolution. 

but when I check in the monitor OSD settings it shows 1600*900 @ 75 Hz (this is refresh rate i usually play at)

1 hour ago, Bad5ector said:

Then that means the refresh rate or resolution or both is not supported by your monitor.

ok so can this be resolved using a HDMI instead of a displayport? 

Just now, SuburbanBourbon said:

but when I check in the monitor OSD settings it shows 1600*900 @ 75 Hz (this is refresh rate i usually play at)

But you're trying to push it to 85Hz. It's an overclock that's not guaranteed in any way, there's not really much you can do to make it run at a refresh rate it doesn't support. 

36 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

But you're trying to push it to 85Hz. It's an overclock that's not guaranteed in any way, there's not really much you can do to make it run at a refresh rate it doesn't support. 

but then why does the nvidia control panel show it then? 

1 minute ago, SuburbanBourbon said:

but then why does the nvidia control panel show it then? 

Same reason it will show the option for 75Hz, it picked it up as an option, but it's an overclock, so whether the panel can actually run it or not, Nvidia control panel has no clue.