Looking to use Xbox one controller as a mouse on windows 7

Go to solution Solved by VLONE,

Try this: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-xbox-one-controller-mouse-control-your-windows-10-pc

Also if you happen to have a Dualshock 4 controller as well, the DS4Windows program has the controller trackpad automatically set up to be used as a laptop type trackpad

After a faithful conversion of my old Acer aspire 5532 to a desktop, I need a mouse. I only have to one for my family's desktop, so that's a no go. What I want to do is use my Xbox one controller as the mouse, but everything else seems to use it as a mouse and on screen keyboard. Is there any free program that lets you use a Xbox one controler as only a mouse, that works with windows 7?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

You can use Steam to do that:

Settings > General Controller settings

Then make sure to enable "Xbox configuration support" with the controller plugged-in:

steam-Xbox-controller-settings.jpg

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

8 minutes ago, Vishera said:

You can use Steam to do that:

Settings > General Controller settings

Then make sure to enable "Xbox configuration support" with the controller plugged-in:

-snip-

Lol, doesn't that just let you use it for steam?

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Lol, doesn't that just let you use it for steam?

Not just Steam,Valve in their wisdom thought of people who want to just use the controller without a mouse or a keyboard,you can even write similarly to how it's done on consoles.

It works on desktop as long as steam is open in the background.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Controller Companion on Steam. Couple of bucks, very customizable and doesn't need Steam to be running. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

13 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Controller Companion on Steam. Couple of bucks, very customizable and doesn't need Steam to be running. 

I used gopher360. It works fine, and I have it autostarted. It's also free, so...

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler