New PC Build Feedback Needed

ChiMaster

Hi all,

I am planning to build a new gaming pc build for which I need some feedback on. The plan is to sell the build off in about half a year or so when I can return back to my work (which is off shore). Below the link, any things you guys think I should change?

The Asus RTX3080 TUF OC is on order not sure when I will receive it but I ordered it on release...

Not really sure about the ASUS TUF VG27AQL1A or the ASUS TUF VG27AQ.

Also I am planning on adding a mass storage hard drive down the line.

Budget (including currency): 2500-2700 USD/EUR

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming

Other details: Upgrading from a MSI GL62MVR 7RFX Laptop, The PC needs to be sellable in 2021, ment for 1440p high end gaming, sound system and peripherals I own already.

I would wait until the ryzen 4th gen announcement.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Seems fine, motherboard seems like it's a good bit overkill for that CPU but I'm not too well versed on Intel motherboards, but otherwise I don't see any problems

1 hour ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I would wait until the ryzen 4th gen announcement.

I will only use the PC for about half a year not sure if I want to wait for a new CPU.

1 hour ago, VLONE said:

Seems fine, motherboard seems like it's a good bit overkill for that CPU but I'm not too well versed on Intel motherboards, but otherwise I don't see any problems

What AMD CPU would you recommend instead of the 10600k?

Just now, ChiMaster said:

What AMD CPU would you recommend instead of the 10600k?

Well if you're looking purely to game on the PC I don't think you can really do much better than Intel (the AMD alternative at that price would be 3700x) but if you plan on video editing or running any other multithreaded applications you are better off with the 3700x. I think the 10600k is about 5% to 7% faster for gaming at 1080p though, no idea about 1440p though, but probably similar.

1 hour ago, VLONE said:

Well if you're looking purely to game on the PC I don't think you can really do much better than Intel (the AMD alternative at that price would be 3700x) but if you plan on video editing or running any other multithreaded applications you are better off with the 3700x. I think the 10600k is about 5% to 7% faster for gaming at 1080p though, no idea about 1440p though, but probably similar.

The main goal for the build is definitely gaming, just was not sure on the resellabilty of the system using a non PCIE gen 4 CPU. I am pretty sure it does not matter at all but a potential buyer might...

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

19 minutes ago, ChiMaster said:

I will only use the PC for about half a year not sure if I want to wait for a new CPU.

Why so little time? BTW, those CPUs will announce in like 2 weeks.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Or wait for Zen 3 CPUs, assuming they'll match Intel in terms of gaming performance. The reveal is on October 8th, with releases to follow.

from a reselling standpoint an AIO would be better since people like to see "water cooled" in the listing, granted it is $70 more

Why so little time? BTW, those CPUs will announce in like 2 weeks.

Currently home for a longer time than expected due to the corona thing.. Otherwise I am traveling for work and unable to keep a desktop.

An announcement in 2 weeks means a CPU release in a month and actually in my hands maybe 2 months.

1 hour ago, VLONE said:

from a reselling standpoint an AIO would be better since people like to see "water cooled" in the listing, granted it is $70 more

That is exactly why I wanted a AIO in the system! I am not planning on overclocking just to resell it in 4-6 months and game with it untill then on a higher than normal level.

1 minute ago, ChiMaster said:

Currently home for a longer time than expected due to the corona thing.. Otherwise I am traveling for work and unable to keep a desktop.

Why not just spend your $2000 on a laptop and dock it?

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Why not just spend your $2000 on a laptop and dock it?

I wanted to buy the Zephyrus S17 2080 Super but when at home and staying here for a little longer than expected I thoughd I would just build a system and sell it around 90% MSRP.

Just to have the best gaming experience really.