What exactly do i need for a pc?

Lord Szechenyi

Budget (including currency): N/A

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Everything

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So, i'm not sure what i need for my pc, here are the components i will use for the build

GPU: GTX 1070

CPU: i5-10500

Motherboard: Gigabyte B460M D2V (rev. 1.0)

RAM: 2x8gb 2666mhz

SSD: Kingston SA400S37/960G

PSU: i don't know yet, but definitely a cooler master that can do more than 700W

Case: No idea

so the question really is, what am i (if at all) missing here?

(Note: the pc itself, so don't mention something like keyboard mouse or display)

Cooler Master is not a particularly great brand when it comes to power supplies. 

Corsair and Seasonic in general have higher quality models and often at same or better prices. 

You don't need 700w or more, a GTX 1070 consumes up to around 220 watts if my memory is correct, and the CPU won't consume more than around 100 watts .. everything else won't go over 50 watts. So you're looking at around 350-400w at most of power consumption.

Even a GTX 3080 with a high end processor won't go over 550 watts for the whole system.  

You will be fine with a 550w power supply, but considering the small difference in cost, a 650w power supply would be best. That would work even with a RTX 3080 card, if you'll decide to buy one at some point. 

The motherboard is kinda shitty, but I guess would work with that locked CPU.  Memory... ideally you'd go with 3200/3600 mhz sticks, but the chipset won't let you do more than 2666 mhz anyway so i guess it's fine.

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

Cooler Master is not a particularly great brand when it comes to power supplies. 

Corsair and Seasonic in general have higher quality models and often at same or better prices. 

You don't need 700w or more, a GTX 1070 consumes up to around 220 watts if my memory is correct, and the CPU won't consume more than around 100 watts .. everything else won't go over 50 watts. So you're looking at around 350-400w at most of power consumption.

Even a GTX 3080 with a high end processor won't go over 550 watts for the whole system.  

You will be fine with a 550w power supply, but considering the small difference in cost, a 650w power supply would be best. That would work even with a RTX 3080 card, if you'll decide to buy one at some point. 

The motherboard is kinda shitty, but I guess would work with that locked CPU.  Memory... ideally you'd go with 3200/3600 mhz sticks, but the chipset won't let you do more than 2666 mhz anyway so i guess it's fine.

i need quite some Watts because in the future (well to be honest it can be 2 or 3 years) i want to get a way better CPU and GPU, will corsair or seasonic i guess.

I won't do any overclocking at all so i'm fine with that, you say i can't do more than 2666mhz (which also isn't too problematic for me) but can you tell me where i can see what's the max speed for a board?

Other than that, do i need anything else?

We need a Budget here.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

2 minutes ago, Praesi said:

We need a Budget here.

but that's not what i need here, i'm not looking to buy better components, i just want to know if i am missing any crucial components in my build.

Like with everything i stated in OP, can i boot up my pc, and play on it without crashing/burning?

Just now, Lord Szechenyi said:

but that's not what i need here, i'm not looking to buy better components, i just want to know if i am missing any crucial components in my build.

Like with everything i stated in OP, can i boot up my pc, and play on it without crashing/burning?

Well, high chances you will burn cash. 

And the PSU is a critical part of the PC.

Without crashing / burning? 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Just now, Praesi said:

Well, high chances you will burn cash. 

And the PSU is a critical part of the PC.

Without crashing / burning? 

ok so you are telling me i have everything i need?

good, in that case you can help me with choosing the PSU.

i need a 650W psu with a budget of 15K-20K Huf

22 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

Something like Corsair CX550 is what you are looking for, but i cant stress enough how important a good PSU is.

A high Quality PSU is vital for your other components.

1 hour ago, Praesi said:

Something like Corsair CX550 is what you are looking for, but i cant stress enough how important a good PSU is.

A high Quality PSU is vital for your other components.

seems like a great PSU, i'm going to get that.

do i need any fans in my pc?

Just now, Lord Szechenyi said:

seems like a great PSU, i'm going to get that.

do i need any fans in my pc?

Yes, of course you do.

Maybe it would be a good Idea to watch some build Videos before you start build a PC.

37 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Yes, of course you do.

Maybe it would be a good Idea to watch some build Videos before you start build a PC.

3 hours ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

then why did you not mention it before?

how much does a fan cost? because i have the same budget for the psu+fans.

also my current pc only has 1 fan (well 2 if you count the psu) and it's on the cpu

2 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

then why did you not mention it before?

how much does a fan cost? because i have the same budget for the psu+fans.

also my current pc only has 1 fan (well 2 if you count the psu) and it's on the cpu

You should have mention that you have no idea whatsoever.

You can buy a Case that comes with pre installed Fans.

Like i said. Give us a budget and People are willing to to help you chose the right components. Just throw stuff in a shoppingcart without knowing what to do, doesnt sound like a smart plan.

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

You should have mention that you have no idea whatsoever.

You can buy a Case that comes with pre installed Fans.

Like i said. Give us a budget and People are willing to to help you chose the right components. Just throw stuff in a shoppingcart without knowing what to do, doesnt sound like a smart plan.

ah i understand

So a case with pre installed for a budget of 5000 - 10000 Huf (so around 20 to 30 USD) what should i get?

1 hour ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

ah i understand

So a case with pre installed for a budget of 5000 - 10000 Huf (so around 20 to 30 USD) what should i get?

Dude.

What do you think you get for 30$?

Chose a cheap Case of your liking and ad Fans later than.

30 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Dude.

What do you think you get for 30$?

Chose a cheap Case of your liking and ad Fans later than.

oh so a fan isn't necessary, thanks that's what i wanted to know.

anyway i can get good (used) cases for around 3-5 USD so the fans budget is quite high at 20-25 USD

4 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

oh so a fan isn't necessary, thanks that's what i wanted to know.

anyway i can get good (used) cases for around 3-5 USD so the fans budget is quite high at 20-25 USD

A Fan is necessary if you want airflow. Which means better performance and longlife for hardware.

You know what. Im done here.