ECAD software for integrated circuits (IC)?

I've been having a hard time finding ECAD software that focuses/includes tools for making integrated circuits rather then an entire pcb. Any help would be appreciated. Special focus on open source type tool suits would be nice.

I believe there are tools in the Cadence suite that enable IC design.

So uhhhh, what are you trying to do?

ASU

6 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I believe there are tools in the Cadence suite that enable IC design.

So uhhhh, what are you trying to do?

I appreciate the answer. I'd like to know if there are any open source equivalence as well. To answer your question, this question didn't have a complete answer easily accessible on the internet, so I wanted it answered and indexed easily for others. I'm mostly learning currently.

Just now, Sirgeorge said:

I appreciate the answer. I'd like to know if there are any open source equivalence as well. To answer your question, this question didn't have a complete answer easily accessible on the internet, so I wanted it answered and indexed easily for others. I'm mostly learning currently.

I do not know of any open source tools that can do IC design, but maybe @WereCatf or @bob345 might know of one.

ASU

36 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I do not know of any open source tools that can do IC design, but maybe @WereCatf or @bob345 might know of one.

Sweet daddy Dee, thank you very much. I'll go have a looksie their way.

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

Not much open source stuff that i know of that is comparable with something like cadence Virtuoso. The skywater PDK that google just released is pretty amazing as it looks to be one of the first open source process design kits out there. IIRC there is also a workflow being developed that ties in with yosys/nextpnr that would allow for fairly complex ASIC's.

https://github.com/google/skywater-pdk

Edit: Somthing you may want to follow is the FOSSI Foundation as they are putting quite a bit of effort into making open source silicon, FPGA/ASIC'a a reality.

https://fossi-foundation.org/

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

39 minutes ago, bob345 said:

Not much open source stuff that i know of that is comparable with something like cadence Virtuoso. The skywater PDK that google just released is pretty amazing as it looks to be one of the first open source process design kits out there. IIRC there is also a workflow being developed that ties in with yosys/nextpnr that would allow for fairly complex ASIC's.

https://github.com/google/skywater-pdk

Edit: Somthing you may want to follow is the FOSSI Foundation as they are putting quite a bit of effort into making open source silicon, FPGA/ASIC'a a reality.

https://fossi-foundation.org/

tsk, well unless @WereCatf or someone else pops in with something, I'm afraid the best we've got is another google product...yay.

4 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

As much as it pleases my overblown ego to see someone remembering me, I'm sorry to disappoint here. I'm not skilled enough to dabble around in IC-design -- the closest I've gotten is playing around with FPGA -- so I do not have anything worthwhile to offer @Sirgeorge , sorry ☹️

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.