Can I troubleshoot CPU without Fan?

Go to solution Solved by Aditya Dighe,

As per this video you can. ( The video creator doesn't recommend it)

Recommended - Not At All Recommended,

it can die within seconds, temperature of transistors rise very rapidly, you won't be able to touch it , even if it runs for mere 2-3 seconds

If you atleast have heatsink on top of it, it is just a bit safer..

If trying - try at your own risk 

As subject above states. I'm using my old parts I had set aside for a month which was working completely fine before this happened, but somehow how it won't display anything on monitor. I troubleshooted my GPU(Ok), Monitor & Ports HDMI&DisplayPort(Ok). I'm still yet to do my ram.

But I'm seeking answers for the subject first. Then help provide tips on other steps to troubleshoot please. Thank you! sorry, I am learning from you guys to troubleshoot.

i would not power on a system that doesn't have a cpu fan. best case scenario - it powers itself off in 3 seconds, when it reaches 100C; worst case scenario - it doesn't turn off in time and it breaks.

6 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

i would not power on a system that doesn't have a cpu fan. best case scenario - it powers itself off in 3 seconds, when it reaches 100C; worst case scenario - it doesn't turn off in time and it breaks.

Hmm true, Yeah I rather be in the safe side. Thank you haha

3 minutes ago, johndii1991 said:

Hmm true, Yeah I rather be in the safe side. Thank you haha

When there is a heatsink without a fan on the CPU it's not that bad, as you dont load it with work while only troubleshooting. But no fan and no heatsink is bad. Really bad.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

As per this video you can. ( The video creator doesn't recommend it)

Recommended - Not At All Recommended,

it can die within seconds, temperature of transistors rise very rapidly, you won't be able to touch it , even if it runs for mere 2-3 seconds

If you atleast have heatsink on top of it, it is just a bit safer..

If trying - try at your own risk