I think I broke it...

VRyze

So as we all know Watch dogs 2 is free I have it all at low settings and out of no where I can smell cheap plastic it was coming out of my pc case and it was overheating... 1 hour later the CPU fan and Case fans start having trouble keeping up so they stop  I turned off my pc and now don’t know what to do...

21 minutes ago, VRyze said:

1 hour later the CPU fan and Case fans start having trouble keeping up so they stop

if you could provide us with some more information like what kind of pc are we talking about? which case? what fans? do you have a photo of the pc and its insides?

otherwise it's pretty much impossible to help

uni student // at war with Siemens software // wife haver

It is a NZXT H510 and I have the stock fans on them, my CPU fan also had the same problem just now which I am using the AMD Spire I do have a clear fan on the front which barely does anything... I mean it could also be the dust... but I don’t think that much dust can completely melt a Fan

image.jpg

10 minutes ago, VRyze said:

It is a NZXT H510 and I have the stock fans on them

case and cpu cooler look just fine.

what card and model is that gpu?

what about that clear fan at the front, it looks quite dirty?

what powersupply do you have? does it smell bad?

is the inside of your pc very hot when opening the side panel?

what happens if you try to turn the pc back on?

edit: i don't think this is the right sub-forum for this stuff. can we move this f.e. to "general discussion"?

1. It’s a RX460.

2. I will clean the front fan soon.

3. I have a Cheap powersupply which is not always the best thing to cheap out on but I had no choice.

4. yes, it smells like cheap plastic when I open up the case.

5. I tried turning it for about 5 minutes and nothing happened, I need to look further with that one the smell just got worse...

1 hour ago, VRyze said:

I have a Cheap powersupply

@Dean0919 yep thats also what im suspecting.

also if you try to turn it on and nothing happens and it just smells worse, that all screams faulty power supply.

honestly be careful now with what you do and touch in the system. unplug your pc if you leave the room. we don't want an electrical fire from a short in the psu...

if you have a second psu you could try and swap it to see if any other components are damaged.

The Faulty smell was the Powersupply! I’ll be sure to replace it soon

So uhh I replaced my motherboard because it was broken... I found my issue I was using an Extension it was a 3rd party extension and it melted and broke... I took it out my motherboard... the plastic piece of my 24 pin broke a little bit is my Motherboard okay?? And can I still use it with no hazards I got rid of my Old powersupply and my exteCD616930-BEB1-49BA-BCFE-3EDB915B5BF9.jpeg.f0c5a6129699f7be77217ecf159d61a8.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.4d3548b5e4a4b7ffccc0d7d044dbe337.jpgnsion  

something melted there. if the motherboard somehow still works, you might as well keep using it (hopefully al the physical damage was solely on the PSU itself)

but idk if that system will turn on with a new PSU

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

It’s not really the same thing... it’s just an update of what’s going on...