how can I run adobe illustrator on a school computer?

adamgasth

so tommorow in our IT class we'll dive our feet into vector graphics. The thing is I am already pretty comfortable with adobe illustrator and would like to use it instead of whatever free software they'll make us learn. So, Is there any way I could use it there? I mean I can't just bring it on a usb drive, right? Or could I somehow bypass the admin permission that would prevent me from installing any apps?

7 minutes ago, adamgasth said:

so tommorow in our IT class we'll dive our feet into vector graphics. The thing is I am already pretty comfortable with adobe illustrator and would like to use it instead of whatever free software they'll make us learn. So, Is there any way I could use it there? I mean I can't just bring it on a usb drive, right? Or could I somehow bypass the admin permission that would prevent me from installing any apps?

I wouldn't try bypassing anything, one person at my old school did that and managed to accidentally install a worm on the system that took it out of action for 2 weeks - not worth the trouble. 

A laptop?

Main PC [ CPU AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D with H150i ELITE CAPPELIX  GPU Nvidia 3090 FE  MBD ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-A  RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB@5600MHz  PSU HX1000i  Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic  Monitor LG UltraGear 1440p 32" Nano IPS@180Hz  Keyboard Keychron Q6 with Kailh Box Switch Jade  Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight  Microphone Shure SM7B with Cloudlifter & GoXLR ]

Server [ CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G  GPU Intel ARC A380  RAM Corsair VEGEANCE LPX 64GB  Storage 16TB EXOS ]

Phone [ Google Pixel 8 Pro, 256GB, Snow ]

8 minutes ago, adamgasth said:

Do yourself a favour and just use whatever they tell you to use.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

1 minute ago, svmlegacy said:

Do yourself a favour and just use whatever they tell you to use.

wy though? I mean I already know illustrator there is no point in me trying to learn to use an another program

If life thought me anything, it's that you shouldn't temper with school computers. You need Admin permission to write to C program partition in any case, or install any programs for that matter. You can try and get them to let you use Illustrator, but really - just use whatever they give you and try replicate it in Illustrator in your free time. Or - use your own laptop if they let you.

11 minutes ago, adamgasth said:

wy though? I mean I already know illustrator there is no point in me trying to learn to use an another program

Sometimes you just have to roll with what you are given. You can ask to use illustrator on you laptop but if school requires you to use the program then so be it.

36 minutes ago, adamgasth said:

Just take it from a fresh graduate, it makes things a whole bunch easier. Everyone else is saying not to mess with the school computer, and it doesn't hurt to know more than one program anyways. You're at school to learn, why are you working so hard to not learn?

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

47 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

Just take it from a fresh graduate, it makes things a whole bunch easier. Everyone else is saying not to mess with the school computer, and it doesn't hurt to know more than one program anyways. You're at school to learn, why are you working so hard to not learn?

You know that's a good point, I'll admit