4670K vs 4770K?

Hey Guys

I'm planning out a new build and trying to decide which cpu is better for me. I'll mostly be gaming, but I'll also be doing some light video editing. I'll be using an Asus Direct CU II GTX 780 for my GPU.Thanks in advance!

-Hippeminecraft

4670k. Don't waste your money.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

As has been said, go for the 4670k.

The difference is Hyperthreading, which will only give you like 2% better performance in games.

It's a ton helpful for heavy editing, but based on light editing, it's not worth the extra cash.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Get the 4670K

Go EVGA ACX 780, you will not regret it!

Uhum GTX 780 TI you shoud get OP

/F*ck price/preformence:D

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

At its best that hyperthreading is worth 20% extra performance. In video encoding its more like 5%-10% practically and in games its rarely anything although in BF4 its a reasonable gain. Its quite expensive however and its not used well very often.

I would get the 4670K since you will be doing light video rendering and you can spend the extra money on something else like a 840 Evo SSD. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer