Question about Asus's TUF

I need to replace my family pc's motherboard, the ram slot died for some reason. It was an MSI bazooka b450 I thought it last longer, but nvm. *military grade my foot*

I remember in my computer club I came across a asus tuf z97 sabertooth it still works BTW. 

A fellow forum member suggests I get the asus tuf b550 plus board. 

I was thinking is the tuf series still as badass of the quality as the old z 97 series? 

Don't want an re-enactment of msi's performance after 1 year*

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

-= Topic moved to CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

It's all just branding, there are some bad bazookas or tufs.

Maybe you just have bad luck.

If you're unsatisfied, don't buy Asus again.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

5 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

I need to replace my family pc's motherboard, the ram slot died for some reason. It was an MSI bazooka b450 I thought it last longer, but nvm. *military grade my foot*

I remember in my computer club I came across a asus tuf z97 sabertooth it still works BTW. 

A fellow forum member suggests I get the asus tuf b550 plus board. 

I was thinking is the tuf series still as badass of the quality as the old z 97 series? 

Don't want an re-enactment of msi's performance after 1 year*

I've you've had any experience with the military you'd know "military grade" doesn't say a lot 😅

The tough lineup has some really good and really bad products, but generally Asus is great if you want to overclock. I personally would  avoid Asus, since my z370(390?) and X570 motherboard have had quality control issues. One of my friends is also having an issue with his x470 Asus motherboard and our collective observation has been that Asus customer support is a nightmare. 

Military grade, is what.. produced at minimum spec, to the cheapest cost possible.. 

3 hours ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

was thinking is the tuf series still as badass of the quality as the old z 97 series? 

It's just branding, like the ROG Branding. 

Nothing else for the most part. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

54 minutes ago, RasmusDC said:

Military grade, is what.. produced at minimum spec, to the cheapest cost possible.. 

..... Great

3 hours ago, Sorenson said:

I've you've had any experience with the military you'd know "military grade" doesn't say a lot 😅

The tough lineup has some really good and really bad products, but generally Asus is great if you want to overclock. I personally would  avoid Asus, since my z370(390?) and X570 motherboard have had quality control issues. One of my friends is also having an issue with his x470 Asus motherboard and our collective observation has been that Asus customer support is a nightmare. 

Any suggestions on which matx board I should go with then? 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

6 hours ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

..... Great

Any suggestions on which matx board I should go with then? 

I would first try to do an RMA with your old motherboard through MSI. I’ve had issues with boards from pretty much every manufacturer before. I tend to purchase based on who has the best customer service now a days.