ROGastic

neSSa

20200916192249-84acf0b1.jpg

20210213114319-3e35f8eb.jpg

Hello friends,

Guided by the need for the ultimate workstation machine, I throw myself into a project that consists of a complete change of the interior and a bit of the exterior of the CM Cosmos 25th edition case.

As you can see in the renders below, I plan to insert a large EKWB 540 radiator and provide airflow through the air tunnel with 4x120mm fans. This project also includes a complete EKWB LC system for which I will specially customize the custom distro/reservoire.

Hardware:

ASUS ROG Strix Z490 A-Gaming
Intel i9 10900
Adata XPG SPECTRIX D50 DDR4-3600Mhz  RGB 4x8Gb 
Adata XGP  SPECTRIX S40G RGB M.2 1Tb
Cooler Master V1000 Platinum
Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 Halo White Edition 
EKWB all water cooling parts and components

I know this case has been redesigned many times but I will do my best to make something different!

Thanks for following!

BR neSSa :)

20200916192250-b3278266.jpg

20200916192250-894078f6.jpg

20200916192251-35f9bc5f.jpg

why not go with a k-series processor that way you actually have the ability overclock if you wanted to 

20 hours ago, Tetramino said:

why not go with a k-series processor that way you actually have the ability overclock if you wanted to 

Thanks for the advice, this is a workstation machine, OC potential is not primary for me, Turbo Bust clock is quite enough. However, it has not yet been decided which CPU will be used. I will update the hardware list in a timely manner

Love the look of that Asus mobo better than the B550 version. Looks so sleek and clean. Case mod also looks god-tier. Salute!

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

I do have some doubts about performance but if this works it will be very nice, I hope it works out well!

Just some questions comments:

• If it's a workstation, why 10900 over Ryzen, do you need clock speeds rather than cores?
  • I would strongly suggest against getting those fans. I have the non-halo version which performs poorly.
    • I mostly have the 360mm variant and the only reason I kept them is that with 3x360mm rads I don't need much airflow/the speed is so slow that I can no longer hear them (and 2 cables for 3 fans rather than 6 is nice).
  • Why did you choose to go with the wind tunnel effect?
    • Without static pressure I'd imagine you need quite a lot of fan speed/sealing allow the air to push through the radiator without significantly hindering performance.
    • This is what I fear for you, those fans on a high RPM won't perform well and will be loud.
  • From the render, the radiator clips through the case.
    • Was this just a random radiator for concept and the one you got does actually fit?
  • If you go with custom length cables, you could really make this look great by removing the grommets/cutouts and machining in the individual holes.
    • Might need to do some work around the holes as the thin metal would cut the fibres.
    • Obviously this is a lot more work (and not ideally suited to workstations..) but in case it's something you think you would like it would definitely make the build even more unique :)

14 hours ago, Deuteronomy93 said:

I do have some doubts about performance but if this works it will be very nice, I hope it works out well!

Just some questions comments:

• If it's a workstation, why 10900 over Ryzen, do you need clock speeds rather than cores?
  • I would strongly suggest against getting those fans. I have the non-halo version which performs poorly.
    • I mostly have the 360mm variant and the only reason I kept them is that with 3x360mm rads I don't need much airflow/the speed is so slow that I can no longer hear them (and 2 cables for 3 fans rather than 6 is nice).
  • Why did you choose to go with the wind tunnel effect?
    • Without static pressure I'd imagine you need quite a lot of fan speed/sealing allow the air to push through the radiator without significantly hindering performance.
    • This is what I fear for you, those fans on a high RPM won't perform well and will be loud.
  • From the render, the radiator clips through the case.
    • Was this just a random radiator for concept and the one you got does actually fit?
  • If you go with custom length cables, you could really make this look great by removing the grommets/cutouts and machining in the individual holes.
    • Might need to do some work around the holes as the thin metal would cut the fibres.
    • Obviously this is a lot more work (and not ideally suited to workstations..) but in case it's something you think you would like it would definitely make the build even more unique :)

For a start I greet you and thanks for the comments!

And to introduce myself: https://ss-mods.com/en/

I will now give you the answer to some of the questions:

- Some professional tools (SW, ACAD etc.) require power per core, mathematical operations the computer processes through a single core.

- The radiator is so big that it can work without a fans (fan-less), this radiator format was intentionally chosen, and the fans serve to make a weak draft through it.

- I'm not worried about the performance, I'm sure the cooling will be great!

- In the first place this is a custom-mod case. Competition project at CMWS20. Of course I plan to use it after the competition and finish making it as machine for SW.

And finally, I want to thank you for following my work, be patient, with the publication of photos it will be much clearer during the worklog display. 

BR neSSa

Yeah I saw that this was part of the competition.

I'm still unconvinced about the cooling performance but if you are mostly just loading a single core then sure passive will be fine, not so sure if about other things though. Happy for you if it works.

Will you upload performance metrics once complete?

Looking good!
I wonder how long the fan bearing will last with the orientation of the radiator. Or are you not planning to put fans on that?

On 10/10/2020 at 5:31 PM, Senzelian said:

Looking good!
I wonder how long the fan bearing will last with the orientation of the radiator. Or are you not planning to put fans on that?

Thanks, I do not plan to mount the fans directly. At the back there are openings for 4x 120 fans that will push air through the chamber towards the radiator.

Adata XPG Spectrix D50 4x8Gb 3600Mhz :)

20201011203046-6dade56f.jpg

20201011203047-bd50934b.jpg

20201011203049-590d8668.jpg

20201011203045-ca592eb5.jpg

20201011203050-e3143f66.jpg

20201011203052-33a1073f.jpg

I'm absolutely loving the silver theme that you're going for, I bet the build is going to look great when completed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...