graphics card help?

lalorozco4

I am new to computers but I purchased a pc about a year ago not knowing what I was doing and I don't know any specs so I was wondering if anyone can help me and tell me what graphics card I can buy to upgrade mine or if I can even upgrade it am not sure what specs my computer has so ill leave an amazon link. Also I only want it to run adobe premier because right now it gives me a error when open premier it lets me run it but its not very great also I have two monitors idk if that matters one is a 32" lg ultra wide maxes at 144hz at 1080p the other is a 27" lg maxes at 60hz at 4k just wanna know if I can upgrade my graphics card or start saving for something new.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T231SRT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Screenshot (17).png

It appears to just be running on integrated graphics. You could probably put a GPU in it, but what GPU you could put depends on what your motherboard supports (which can be hard to determine with prebuilts) and how much GPU clearance you have.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

When upgrading a prebuilt, you have to measure the length of the PCIe bracket on the case (below the exhaust fan), length available for a PCIe card (so from PCIe bracket to the drive bays near the middle, inside the case) and power supply specs.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Hi @lalorozco4 how do you do? Not a bad PC by any stretch of the imagination if you know what you're doing.

You can always check;

• The manufacturer's website using the product/serial number of your device i.e. your computer
  • Pressing the delete key whilst booting the system allows you BIOS access

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03808397 <- this is your computer's specifications according to HP support.

• CPU model (operating speed, temperature)
  • RAM (Speed in Mhz, how many slots you have for expansion, size measure in GBs)
  • Motherboard SKU (though it'll be quite generic)

According to the support page currently installed is capable of 320watts. My recommendation as a new user is to firstly

1. power down the system
  2. remove the side panel with a screw driver (typically phillips head)
  3. locate any loose cables from the power supply that aren't connected (Only the 24pin, 4+4 cpu or molex/sata power should be connected to active devices in your case.)
  4. take a picture of the overall layout for future reference once you've become accustom to troubleshooting/installing new components

hp-elitedesk-800-g1-mt-desktop-pc-0cb.jpg

All of the recommended discrete graphics cards HP lists that can be installed draw a max of 75watts directly from the PCI-E slot however if there is a loose cable that looks like the 4+4 for the cpu might be enough to power a discrete mid tier graphics card.

The monitor you have mentioned "32" lg ultra wide maxes at 144hz at 1080p the other is a 27" lg maxes at 60hz at 4k" can you provide a model name? If you do wish to go down the route of buying a discrete graphics card would help to have native display cables for ease of use.

I can edit this post or send a new one once you've read and found this information useful.

I can't find any schematic of the size but you might be able to get away with a full size gpu however you'll need to do some eye-balling measurement or grab a ruler to accurately gauge how much space is available.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Thank you for your help so I can install any of the graphics cards listed in the link/do I still have to measure the PCIe bracket? just double checking also ill make sure to power down and check for loose connections later tonight when I get out from work, and I found this for my pc serial number 2UA60116DJ / product #P7W56UC 

LG ultrawide: 34uc79g-b

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34UC79G-B-ultrawide-monitor

LG 27":27ud68-W

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27UD68-W-4k-uhd-led-monitor

@lalorozco4
No worries, no need to measure the bracket that is standardised, it is the distance from the back to the hard drive cage that is the x variable however if it's roughly the same width as a mostly motherboard I'd guestimate it's 9 inches across +- with some tolerance.

Do you need the dvd/cd?

A bit random but what's your favourite colour?

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I did what you said I powered it down and saw the four by four power connection you mentioned and It seemed fine not loose and same goes for the rest of the connections that I saw running off the power supply, and to answer your question no I don't need the dvd/cd drive and my favorite color is purple hbu?