(SOLVED!) Help!! RTX 2070 Super Underperforming

Hey guys, i recently built a new PC containing the Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC 3x 8gb.
I've been getting lower performance compared to similar builds. When playing the new Control: Ultimate Edition, I get drops below 50 fps (RTX high, fast Vsycn on, 1080p), and have 0% GPU Usage, other games don't have the 0% issue, but poor performance when compared to similar builds. I average at around 50fps on this game and ive seen builds average at 85fps.

While playing Anthem i get drops below 60fps playing in 1080p ultra. (Dlss off, Fast Vsycn on), average around 55fps

This is the benchmark I'm comparing to, the uploader has stated that he's not used any OC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmwc5hV43oU

My Build: 
                 MOBO: Aorus B550 Pro AC
                 CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
                 GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC 3x 8gb
                 RAM: Gskill TridentZ 32gb (16x2) 3200Mhz
                 PSU: XPG Core Reactor 850w gold rated
                 NZXT Water Cooler X52 and the NZXT H510 Cab.
                 Monitor: Dell 1080p 60hz

3D Mark Timespy Score: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/50369409?
3D Mark Firestrike Score: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/50373268?

*All drivers and Bios upto date.
*XMP is turned on. 
*Stock profiles for CPU and GPU. 
*The temps go upto to 70*C on the GPU
*The CPU runs at 30-50% with temps low. 
*Not that big a performance rise with Geforce Experience disabled.

Would love some insight.
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Hey guys, thanks a lot for the replies. The card was connected into the PCIE 3.0 x4 slot instead of the PCIE 3.0 x16, I also replaced the single PCIE cable that's split into two connectors with 2 PCIE cables. 

Try heading over to the Nvidia Control Panel and under manage 3d settings, change the power management mode to maximum performance

Main Desktop:

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-13700KF (5.5GHz, -0.1v Offset), Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO, MSI Z690 Force WiFi, ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 3070 OC, 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6000 CL36, 500GB WD Black SN850, 500GB WD Black SN750, 4TB Toshiba N300, Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular PSUPhanteks P500a Digital 

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Dell S3422DWG 34 inch 144Hz QHD Ultrawide Monitor, Logitech G815 Lightsync, Logitech G703 Lightspeed, Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed, Sennheiser HD 560s, Cooler Master MH630

Laptops:

Spoiler

Razer Blade 14 (2021),  AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU, 2x8GB DDR4, 1TB Samsung PM991a

Phones:

Spoiler

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 5G 256Gb Graygreen, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 128GB (Running Pixel Experience Android 13)

try turning vsync off.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

Just now, flashiling said:

try turning vsync off.

vsync would not do that. 

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

vsync would not do that. 

does vsync not try to sync the fps with your monitor's refreshrate?

or did i misunderstand how it works,  because similar things happened to me when i used vsync

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

4 minutes ago, flashiling said:

or did i misunderstand how it works,  because similar things happened to me when i used vsync

It can lower preformance, but he said drops, and vsync would be steady. I lost like 5-10 frames on most games when I turned on vsync, not like 30.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

It can lower preformance, but he said drops, and vsync would be steady. I lost like 5-10 frames on most games when I turned on vsync, not like 30.

could just be me when i used vsync then

27 minutes ago, Idkwhat2putheresowhatever said:

Try heading over to the Nvidia Control Panel and under manage 3d settings, change the power management mode to maximum performance

Hey! Thanks for replying, I've done that, games still run slower 

26 minutes ago, flashiling said:

There are different types of Vsycn, "fast" Vsync does not limit to the monitor's refresh rate!

8 minutes ago, virty99 said:

There are different types of Vsycn, "fast" Vsync does not limit to the monitor's refresh rate!

never seen that one before, maybe it was just renamed or i overlooked it.

but in general i've heard people saying that playing with it off is often better than playing with it on

3 minutes ago, flashiling said:

never seen that one before, maybe it was just renamed or i overlooked it.

but in general i've heard people saying that playing with it off is often better than playing with it on

Thats actually false because screen tearing feels pretty ugly, turning it off increases performance, by decreasing performance (causing screen tearing) ahahahah, and in the video that i'm comparing i see no screen tearing going on so i assume he's turned it on.

You can find it in the control panel 3D settings under Vsync.

1 hour ago, virty99 said:

Thats actually false because screen tearing feels pretty ugly, turning it off increases performance, by decreasing performance (causing screen tearing) ahahahah, and in the video that i'm comparing i see no screen tearing going on so i assume he's turned it on.

You can find it in the control panel 3D settings under Vsync.

Yeah but don't use Nvidia vsync if your game has a vsync option then use that instead.

Nv vsync seriously is a performance killer and not really necessary when the game has an option for it. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I don't know about Control but on my 2070 Super I had slowdowns from 120 fps to the mid teens, sometimes as low as 10 fps in COD MW when I had RTX enabled and fire or an explosion would happen .. is there an RTX setting in control you can toggle ? I knew there was something up because I never had slowdowns in Warzone and when I read that WZ doesn't support RTX I clicked it off and boom .. solid 120s

4 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Yeah but don't use Nvidia vsync if your game has a vsync option then use that instead.

Nv vsync seriously is a performance killer and not really necessary when the game has an option for it. 

Hey! The in-game vsync option caps my framerate at 60fps which limits the GPU usage as well, (60%)  and i experience drops lesser than 54 fps etc, which is worse because it's capped. Fast VSync uses 100% of the gpu,does not cap and eliminates screen tearing based on the card's capability, so i prefer using that. Anyone have insights on the 0% for Control?  

2 hours ago, MedicGarou said:

I don't know about Control but on my 2070 Super I had slowdowns from 120 fps to the mid teens, sometimes as low as 10 fps in COD MW when I had RTX enabled and fire or an explosion would happen .. is there an RTX setting in control you can toggle ? I knew there was something up because I never had slowdowns in Warzone and when I read that WZ doesn't support RTX I clicked it off and boom .. solid 120s

Yes there is! But if you can check the youtube link i posted  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmwc5hV43oU , you'll see his settings are maxed out with RTX on HIGH. He averages around 85 fps, My average would be around 50 or lesser 

3 minutes ago, virty99 said:

Hey! The in-game vsync option caps my framerate at 60fps which limits the GPU usage as well, (60%)  and i experience drops lesser than 54 fps etc, which is worse because it's capped. Fast VSync uses 100% of the gpu,does not cap and eliminates screen tearing based on the card's capability, so i prefer using that. 

Huh, ok I guess it depends on the GPU for me the ingame vsync usually has the least issues.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Do you have DLSS enabled?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D || GPU: Gigabyte Windforce RTX 4090 || Memory: 32GB Corsair 3200mhz DDR4 || Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk || SSD1: 500 GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 (OS drive) || SSD2: 500 GB Samsung 860 EVO SATA (Cache Drive via PrimoCache) || Spinning Disks: 3 x 4TB Western Digital Blue HDD (RAID 0) || Monitor: LG CX 55" OLED TV || Sound: Schiit Stack (Modi 2/Magni 3) - Sennheiser HD 598, HiFiMan HE 400i || Keyboard: Logitech G915 TKL || Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed || PSU: EVGA 1300-watt G+ PSU || Case: Fractal Design Pop XL Air