What mobo for gaming FX 8320/8350 and cpu cooler

I'm thinking about buying the AMD fx 8320/8350 just for gaming no overlooking but I'd like to to do sli as well if I'm not overclocking do I need a new CPU cooler?

I have £290 to spend

AMD FX 8320 @3.9Ghz|16GB Patriot Viper Red 1600Mhz (DDR3)|Palit GTX 770|GigaByte GA-970A-DS3P

|Antec 1100|NZXT Havik 140|Corsair TX650v2|3 x 24 inch|Razer Deathadder Chroma |CM Quickfire TK (Blue)

Any normal decent motherboard with a CM Hyper 212 evo/Noctua/H100i will do.

You should be overclocking and getting an aftermarket cooler for either of those cpus. 

As for the motherboard: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-ga990fxaud3

For the cooler: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rr212e20pkr2

or http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-cpu-cooler-havik140

depending on how much money you want to blow and cooler clearance.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'm thinking about buying the AMD fx 8320/8350 just for gaming no overlooking but I'd like to to do sli as well if I'm not overclocking do I need a new CPU cooler?

I have £290 to spend

easy, just get an h100i and asus m5a99fx pro 2.0 got the same, no problems with them bothXD you can even run the h100i without fans if you wanna keep it quiet and still keep it bout 40C

Forget AMD.

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($174.29 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard:  ASRock Z87 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Microcenter) 
Total: $284.28
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-07 18:22 EST-0500)

You don't need a cooler, the stock cooler is more than enough and its very quiet. Just wipe the paste off that comes with the stock cooler and use something like nt-h1 from noctua.

Forget AMD.

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($174.29 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard:  ASRock Z87 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Microcenter) 
Total: $284.28
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-07 18:22 EST-0500)

You don't need a cooler, the stock cooler is more than enough and its very quiet. Just wipe the paste off that comes with the stock cooler and use something like nt-h1 from noctua.

Why?! 

The guy wants a 8320/50, period. Plus that i5 is not on par with a 8-core AMD chip. 

Anyway, any 990FX motherboard will be good for that CPU and will allow some hefty overclocking. Other than that, the Noctua NDH-14 or the H100i/H105/H110 are good options for cooling. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Why?! 

The guy wants a 8320/50, period. Plus that i5 is not on par with a 8-core AMD chip. 

That i5 is up to twice as fast than that crappy outdated 8320 from 2008. Clock that thing to whatever you want eg 5GHz the i5 still wins by a huge amount.

Anyway, any 990FX motherboard will be good for that CPU and will allow some hefty overclocking. Other than that, the Noctua NDH-14 or the H100i/H105/H110 are good options for cooling.

He doesnt want to overclock.

It's just stupid to buy a 8320/8350 over an i5, AMD's price/performance ratio is awful. 

Asus M5A99FX pro R2.0 6+2 powerphase digi vrm. 40 pci-e 2.0 lanes.

You can run CF/sli on this board at 16X pci-e 2.0.

Also a board that i personaly like is the Asrock 990FX Fatal1ty killer. 8+2 powerphase digi vrm, good color theme.

it has some realy cool feutures. like an onboard 600ohms Headphone amp. killer E2200 lan chip. 10GB/s M-sata. realtek ALC1150 audio codec.

About coolers: CM hyper 212 evo

Phanteks PH-TC12DX

Be-quiet Dark rock pro

Xigmatek Darknight Hawk II

Noctua NH-U12S

Scyth Mugan 4

Asus M5A99FX pro R2.0 6+2 powerphase digi vrm. 40 pci-e 2.0 lanes.

You can run CF/sli on this board at 16X pci-e 2.0.

Also a board that i personaly like is the Asrock 990FX Fatal1ty killer. 8+2 powerphase digi vrm, good color theme.

it has some realy cool feutures. like an onboard 600ohms Headphone amp. killer E2200 lan chip. 10GB/s M-sata. realtek ALC1150 audio codec.

About coolers: CM hyper 212 evo

Phanteks PH-TC12DX

Be-quiet Dark rock pro

Xigmatek Darknight Hawk II

Noctua NH-U12S

Scyth Mugan 4

Nice salestalk really for a cpu thats performing garbage.

Nice salestalk really for a cpu thats performing garbage.

Take your intel promo somewhere else :D

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

Take your intel promo somewhere else :D

Well a cpu that struggles keeping 15 fps in mmo/rts games well yeah thats garbage.

Well a cpu that struggles keeping 15 fps in mmo/rts games well yeah thats garbage.

Just let it go already. He says that he wants to buy a 8320/8350. So let him. The forum is not a place for people to go fanboy. Seriously grow up.

And to the original questions at hand. A gigabyte GA-990fxa-UD3 motherboard is a good pick. But any 990fx chipset works just as well as any other. It all depends on personal taste and small stuff such as color schemes and features. And as far as a cooler. If you are not looking to overclock than a H75 or H80i from corsair will do you great. Not to mention you will have a little headroom for the future if you decide to overclock. Hope this helps!

Edit: I personally use the current setup i recommend above with the exception of a H100i from corsair as my cooler. And i couldn't be happier. The chipsets overclock well and even when they are not overclocked they run every game/program I use flawlessly. Also if you are for certain you do not want to overclock a dark rock cooler from Be Quiet! is another really good choice if you choose. Once again hope this helps!

AMD diehard & Nvidia Enthusiest

Just let it go already. He says that he wants to buy a 8320/8350. So let him. The forum is not a place for people to go fanboy. Seriously grow up.

And to the original questions at hand. A gigabyte GA-990fxa-UD3 motherboard is a good pick. But any 990fx chipset works just as well as any other. It all depends on personal taste and small stuff such as color schemes and features. And as far as a cooler. If you are not looking to overclock than a H75 or H80i from corsair will do you great. Not to mention you will have a little headroom for the future if you decide to overclock. Hope this helps!

He's looking for a cpu & a board and cooler so why shouldn't I recommend/convince him a better choice for a much better price? There are enough people buying AMD because theyre misinformed. He'll be paying more for an AMD system which doesnt make sense at all. Nothing to do with fanboyism, your job here isn't to recommend more expensive products that dont even perform better thats misinformation.

He's looking for a cpu & a board and cooler so why shouldn't I recommend/convince him a better choice for a much better price? There are enough people buying AMD because theyre misinformed. He'll be paying more for an AMD system which doesnt make sense at all. Nothing to do with fanboyism, your job here isn't to recommend more expensive products that dont even perform better thats misinformation.

His question was about the 8320/8350. If he was considering a i5 or any other chip i am sure he would have mentioned it. It is not right to stick our noses into his personal choices. He asks a question, and we answer. And calling one chip garbage sounds alot like fanboyism to me. So keep things simple, clean, and leave the choices to him and not give them some byasd answer.

Also on a side note. If you are deciding between the 8320 and 8350 then here is a tip. If you do not plan to overclock then I would get the 8350. But the 8320 performs good as well. Nothing too noticiable if you are just gaming. Just another bit of advice. Hope it helps!

His question was about the 8320/8350. If he was considering a i5 or any other chip i am sure he would have mentioned it. It is not right to stick our noses into his personal choices. He asks a question, and we answer. And calling one chip garbage sounds alot like fanboyism to me. So keep things simple, clean, and leave the choices to him and not give them some byasd answer.

A 8320/8350 will be a gain of 0,0% over his 6100 so it isnt worth it and you shouldn't recommend a cpu that performs the same as a 6100. The 8350 is a waste of money, too expensive and in most games the i3 will outperform it. It's a forum for a reason where everyone is free with their suggestions. 

Logically, only amd fanboys exist these days.

A 8320/8350 will be a gain of 0,0% over his 6100 so it isnt worth it and you shouldn't recommend a cpu that performs the same as a 6100. The 8350 is a waste of money, too expensive and in most games the i3 will outperform it. It's a forum for a reason where everyone is free with their suggestions. 

Logically, only amd fanboys exist these days.

This is incorrect.

There is a 5-15% IPC increase between the two and I know how you love to talk about IPC.

If the OP felt the need to he could actually shut off 4 cores and OC the remaining 4 on an 8350 to make the IPC increase even more substantial. 

If you are not going to overclock, why not use your existing MB and just replace the stock cooler (212 is hard to fault for the price)?  Not sure if you actually need a 8320 as I doubt your 6100 is a bottleneck, however they are as cheap as chips and you can then ebay the 6100

Even if you are tempted to go Intel you should save your money and wait for the 9 series chip set and revised Haswell chips that are due out in a couple of months.

This is incorrect.

There is a 5-15% IPC increase between the two and I know how you love to talk about IPC.

If the OP felt the need to he could actually shut off 4 cores and OC the remaining 4 on an 8350 to make the IPC increase even more substantial. 

Nope.. 

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/screenshots/original/2012/10/AMD-Test-FX-8320-FX-6300-FX-4300-Battlefield-3.jpg

Good as no IPC gains.

What is your room temps and what case do you have?

I am getting a 8350 for the sheer Price/Performance over the i5, but I would recommend a water cooler because the FX series run pretty warm, I wouldnt want low quality air cooling, I say go for a H60-100i with a decent aftermarket fan aswell

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

Link is broken.

And if you want something that will actually show how it might perform TODAY and not in BF3. 

I will grab something from the same site you listed so you cant say you dont believe it.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/CPU-Hardware-154106/Tests/CPUs-und-Prozessoren-Test-Bestenliste-AMD-und-Intel-675663/

You also need to stop posting stuff from that site and that is based off of a point system on several benchmarks and some arent multi threaded optimized.

I have a 6100 I'd like a upgrade WITH A SSD INCLUDED

Should I go Intel or keep AMD? If I just play battlefield 4 and other fps games and mmos go I need a aftermarket CPU cooler? I'm not worried with over clocking.

I WOULD like a 120gb ssd included in the suggestions you guys could give me?

I have £290 to spend

I also have a gtx 770 so I'd like the CPU to be up to par with that if you get me

AMD FX 8320 @3.9Ghz|16GB Patriot Viper Red 1600Mhz (DDR3)|Palit GTX 770|GigaByte GA-970A-DS3P

|Antec 1100|NZXT Havik 140|Corsair TX650v2|3 x 24 inch|Razer Deathadder Chroma |CM Quickfire TK (Blue)

So you have 290pounds to spend on an SSD and motherboard? I wouldn't recommend going Intel.