Motherboard temp reads 429000000C

BanHammer

Sooo I bought a used motherboard and everything runs fine, but the case fans on my pc always runs max speed. I downloaded SpeedFan and found that my Temp1 reads over 400million degrees Celsius 😂, which is why my case fans which are relatively new are always running max speed. Is there any way to change the sensor data so it reads at a constant number like 40c? I tried changing the speed of the fans themselves through SpeedFan although it didn't seem to work.

14 minutes ago, BanHammer said:

400million degrees Celsius

This isn't normal?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Kindof reminds me of this glitch that has been going on in Destiny 2 for a while.

ScottB SlipperyGypsy (@Scott_Bateup) | Twitter

To put into context, the light power cap right now is 1060.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

56 minutes ago, BanHammer said:

Sooo I bought a used motherboard and everything runs fine, but the case fans on my pc always runs max speed. I downloaded SpeedFan and found that my Temp1 reads over 400million degrees Celsius 😂, which is why my case fans which are relatively new are always running max speed. Is there any way to change the sensor data so it reads at a constant number like 40c? I tried changing the speed of the fans themselves through SpeedFan although it didn't seem to work.

I mean Im not a scientist or anything but thats 380 million more than the sun.Will you be ok? 😆

Keep it as is, sell it as a thermal power source...or talk to Elon Musk.  With that kind of power plant think of the spaceship we could build around it.  Focus the heat to melt our enemies at a distance.

4 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Keep it as is, sell it as a thermal power source...or talk to Elon Musk.  With that kind of power plant think of the spaceship we could build around it.  Focus the heat to melt our enemies at a distance.

Imagine this guys pc case that can withstand the Heat, must be made by aliens.

1 minute ago, H_Brandon said:

Imagine this guys pc case that can withstand the Heat, must be made by aliens.

7 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

I like how no one has helped OP, becides @Hackerman25.Everyone else is messing around.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I like how no one has helped OP, becides @Hackerman25.Everyone else is messing around.

Well the question / problem itself is funny and I have no idea how to help. Its not like i can search around google to try and help because OP could have done that themselves.

Either the sensor is bad or the reading is bad.  If the sensor is bad, oh well.  There's usually not a way to disable a thermistor on a mainboard.

If you go to the BIOS, what does the readout show in there?  Are your fans also maxing in there?