(Help) Computer making high pitched, almost inaudible, noise.

Cj-Puerto

Hello to all of LTT forum users. 

I recently bougth a new budget pc, and i've been tweeking some of its configuration; nothing mayor tho, i mostly just added some case fans and change the front IO position and cable management. 

Nevertheless, i been noticing that my computer is making a high pitched noise, that's almost inaudible, but is getting really annoying. I have umplugged all of my case fans thinking the noise was comming from one of them, but it didn't change much. I'm suspecting that it has something to do with the cpu fan, since i think its comming from that overall area. 

I would like if someone with more experience than me could confirm if it is coil whine or if it's something else i should be concerned about. So far, my computer has been working properly.

My specs are:

MOBO: Gigabyte b450m ds3h
CPU: ADM Ryzen 5 3400g

GPU: ASUS Gtx 1650 super Phoenix OC

Ram: 16gb 3000 mhz (Geil RGB x2)

PSU: Coolermaster 500w 

Heres a video of the noise it's making, (It's almost undetectable, but you can hear beetween the 6th and 10th second of the video)

Any help is greatly apprecieted, thanks.

CJ

2 minutes ago, Cj-Puerto said:

Hello to all of LTT forum users. 

I recently bougth a new budget pc, and i've been tweeking some of its configuration; nothing mayor tho, i mostly just added some case fans and change the front IO position and cable management. 

Nevertheless, i been noticing that my computer is making a high pitched noise, that's almost inaudible, but is getting really annoying. I have umplugged all of my case fans thinking the noise was comming from one of them, but it didn't change much. I'm suspecting that it has something to do with the cpu fan, since i think its comming from that overall area. 

I would like if someone with more experience than me could confirm if it is coil whine or if it's something else i should be concerned about. So far, my computer has been working properly.

My specs are:

MOBO: Gigabyte b450m ds3h
CPU: ADM Ryzen 5 3400g

GPU: ASUS Gtx 1650 super Phoenix OC

Ram: 16gb 3000 mhz (Geil RGB x2)

PSU: Coolermaster 500w 

Heres a video of the noise it's making, (It's almost undetectable, but you can hear beetween the 6th and 10th second of the video)

Any help is greatly apprecieted, thanks.

CJ

Think that is the mobo or the CPU fan.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

Yes, those are my prime suspects also. Do you think is something i should worry about?

Thanks for your reply

1 minute ago, Cj-Puerto said:

Yes, those are my prime suspects also. Do you think is something i sould worry about?

Thanks for your reply

It's not something you should worry about. But like you said, it'll be something that might just annoy the crap out of you. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Cool, thanks. I guess i'll have to use headphones then.

Ty for your reply