wsappx causing explorer to keep restarting

So, recently i updated my windows to version 2004, after this update i noticed that when i start my pc my explorer.exe somehow just keeps restarting.
after a small investigation in my task manager i found out that wsappx was using a lot of cpu.
I then ended the task for wsappx to see what would happen and suprisingly everything went back to normal and i could use my pc normally again.

But this happens every time i start my computer and i have no clue what is causing it, It seems that wsappx is used for the windows store but i have no idea why it's doing that.

So if anyone has a clue what might cause this or how to fix it then please respond.

thanks

• 1 month later...

I hit the same issue this morning. It appears to be caused by bad Windows Store app data as discussed here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/windows-10-1709-wsappx-process-high-cpu-load-and/98210af3-394c-4c81-a14e-170982f11cbd?page=4

You can fix the issue by creating a new user profile or by removing and reinstalling all store apps as per below:

1. Run powershell as administrator

2. Export a list of your currently installed apps and then uninstall them
    Get-AppxPackage -User {{Affected_user_name}} > $env:SystemDrive\temp\apps-removed.log
    Get-AppxPackage -User {{Affected_user_name}} | Remove-AppxPackage

3. Run a system repair (optional)
    sfc /scannow
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4. Create another administrator user and log in as that user

5. Rename the affected packages folder. (Windows will rebuild the bair minimum on the next login)
    Rename-Item $env:SystemDrive\Users\{{Affected_user_name}}\AppData\Local\Packages $env:SystemDrive\Users\{{Affected_user_name}}\AppData\Local\Packages.old

6. Log in as your original user again

7. Reinstall the provisioned apps
    Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)"}

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2020 at 1:19 AM, praetorian365 said:

I hit the same issue this morning. It appears to be caused by bad Windows Store app data as discussed here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/windows-10-1709-wsappx-process-high-cpu-load-and/98210af3-394c-4c81-a14e-170982f11cbd?page=4

You can fix the issue by creating a new user profile or by removing and reinstalling all store apps as per below:

1. Run powershell as administrator

2. Export a list of your currently installed apps and then uninstall them

Get-AppxPackage -User {{Affected_user_name}} > $env:SystemDrive\temp\apps-removed.log
    Get-AppxPackage -User {{Affected_user_name}} | Remove-AppxPackage

3. Run a system repair (optional)

sfc /scannow
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4. Create another administrator user and log in as that user

5. Rename the affected packages folder. (Windows will rebuild the bair minimum on the next login)

Rename-Item $env:SystemDrive\Users\{{Affected_user_name}}\AppData\Local\Packages $env:SystemDrive\Users\{{Affected_user_name}}\AppData\Local\Packages.old

6. Log in as your original user again

7. Reinstall the provisioned apps

Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)"}

I know this was posted a while ago but, i'm having issues following it even from the second step, when i type in the first command i get "Cannot evaluate parameter 'User' because its argument is specified as a script block and there is no input. A script block cannot be evaluated without input." any ideas how i would fix that?