Anyone good at math? Standard Deviation?

Aleks

If anyone is up to it, I need someone to explain how to find the standard deviation of a group of numbers. Ex. 7.2, 4.8, 4.8, 2.0, 4.1, 12.7, 16.8.

I have a test tomorrow and I still cant seem to figure it out, all of the YouTube tutorials I have watched on it keep giving me wrong answers. If anyone out there can help a lad out I would so greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

1+1=2

THIS ISN'T THE TIME FOR JOKES! ;)

1+1=2

NO it EQUALS WINDOW, get it right! 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Huh, I had a class that had some statistics stuff. I lost interest and dropped the class, but I sort of remember doing standard deviation. Basically, it's like taking the mean of the numbers and using that mean along with the rest of the numbers in this long formula.

standarddev.GIF

mean-sd-manual.PNG

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

welp i guess it time to tell linus that this is changing to linusmathstips

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Huh, I had a class that had some statistics stuff. I lost interest and dropped the class, but I sort of remember doing standard deviation. Basically, it's like taking the mean of the numbers and using that mean along with the rest of the numbers in this long formula.

standarddev.GIF

mean-sd-manual.PNG

Alright sweet, you seem to know how to do it. Do you mind doing the same thing but with the numbers I provided? I can't seem to get the correct answer.

welp i guess it time to tell linus that this is changing to linusmathstips

LinusMathTips... LMT... Kinda catchy!

It's like a BLT... but it's LMT!

Alright sweet, you seem to know how to do it. Do you mind doing the same thing but with the numbers I provided? I can't seem to get the correct answer.

Those were images I found off the web... It's been months since I was in a class I didn't like and we've spent like less than a week on statistics. Here's a site that does it "step by step": Standard Deviation Calculator from Math Is Fun - yeah, right. Anyway, just copy/plug in the numbers and try to match them.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Best video to watch. Khan Academy is absolutely, 100%, the best.

Too bad it's 240p on Windows ME

when u get to university ull literally love this guy and change your sexuality just to be with him. actuallly learned my entire course fromt his site alone 1 week before the final and got a B+ (didnt go to a single class)

4 minutes to get such a pc master race reply, not even surprised.

when u get to university ull literally love this guy and change your sexuality just to be with him. actuallly learned my entire course fromt his site alone 1 week before the final and got a B+ (didnt go to a single class)

Completely right. I've had to sit a few maths classes as part of my degree and this guy had videos on them all. Nothing short of fantastic.