My first build, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I

toms94z71

I put together my first build earlier this week, Everything went together perfect and has been working great so far. Here is the list of parts I used. I am using this as a gaming/workstation pc, I also have a card reader in it since I do a lot of photography on the side. 

CPU:  Intel Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($568.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler:  Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($94.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard:  Asus X79 DELUXE ATX LGA2011 Motherboard  ($329.00 @ Amazon) 
Storage:  Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($285.99 @ Adorama) 
Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card  ($699.99 @ Newegg) 
Case:  Thermaltake VN700M1W2N ATX Full Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan:  Cougar CF-D12HB-B 64.4 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($16.98 @ OutletPC) 
Case Fan:  Cougar CF-D12HB-B 64.4 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($16.98 @ OutletPC) 
Optical Drive:  Asus BW-16D1HT Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)  ($98.99 @ NCIX US) 
Monitor:  HP ZR2740w 60Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($449.00 @ B&H) 
Keyboard:  Perixx PX-1100 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Mouse:  Perixx MX-2000 Wired Laser Mouse  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $3432.81
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-06 17:11 EST-0500)

This is a quick pick I just took of it, I will take some more detailed pictures of it when I pull the video card out to put the back plate I just got in yesterday. 

20140303_230227.jpg

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

That pretty over kill for a first build

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Awesome build man! Enjoy ;)

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

No such thing as overkill :D

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

why u pay 80 dolla for spiced up looking HAF X

Error: 410

Looks good :)

Just don't touch the thermaltake fans too much. The second they are slightly out of alignment the noise becomes unberably annoying

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I only kept the 2 big fans that came with the case, replaced the smaller fans with quieter ones, I got the case many many months ago, it works fine for me and everything fit perfect, only thing I will look for different in my next case would be one where the bottom filter slides out the side or is magnetic so I can take it off from any direction. instead of the back and one that is less flashy. I would also have faster internet because downloading all my games off of steam is taking forever. It is much quieter then my asus g73 laptop while gaming or under load. I am happy with it and that is all that matters.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Still figuring out windows 8.1 though, since before this computer I have had maybe a total of 30 minutes using it. Honestly I have yet to figure out why so many people complain about it so bad. 

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Looks good :)

Just don't touch the thermaltake fans too much. The second they are slightly out of alignment the noise becomes unberably annoying

fortunately mine is wisper quiet right now, so I will try and avoid touching them. The corsair fans on my h100i are the noisiest fans in my case.

Arthur M. Schlesinger

The case ruins the whole thing... But good build apart from that

The case works fine for me, but it a little on the flashy side, next case i get in the future be less flashy with a bigger side window and less plastic, for now I am happy with this one, it worked great with out any issues and plenty of room inside. 

Arthur M. Schlesinger

wish i had 3k to spend on a build, nice yo!

I wish I had about 1 k more to spend on it lol. would have went with a 900d case probably, and dual 780ti.

Arthur M. Schlesinger

That's a really nice first build, With an h100i as well :P. I'm still using the stock cooler, but I will be doing a full water loop later.

Galaxy: Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz (Cooled by a h105) - ASUS Sabertooth Z77 - Corsair Vengeance 8gb Ram - Nvidia GTX 780 2 way Sli - Corsair HX850i - Corsair C70

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Battlefield 4 Collectors Edition (TO BE REPLACED BY K65 RGB) - Logitech G502 - Hyperx Cloud

That's a really nice first build, With an h100i as well :P. I'm still using the stock cooler, but I will be doing a full water loop later.

I think I will try my hand at a full water loop on the next build i do for myself. That will be couple of yrs though. Next build I do will be for my daughter next spring for her 10th bday. I already found the case I want to get for her and it is pink lol. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144279. Then she can stop begging to use my computers all the time. She likes computer gaming, she was playing dirt 3 only my laptop the last weekend I had her.

Arthur M. Schlesinger

320$ ram but an 90$ case? Hhhm. Other than that good build.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

what does this even mean?  who care's what number build he's on for how nice of a system he builds?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Hopefully I will get this put on tomorrow or Tuesday, I plan on taking my kids fishing tomorrow so I may not have time til Tuesday evening. 

20140309_230118.jpg

Arthur M. Schlesinger

looks nice in writing, now we just waiting for pics or it didnt happen hehe

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

looks nice in writing, now we just waiting for pics or it didnt happen hehe

Here you go.

Some pics of my system before I pulled the card out to put the back plate on.

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

Some pics of the card out of my system before and after I put the back plate on.

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

Some pics of my system after I reinstalled the card with the back plate on it.

DSC_0147.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

Then just a shot of my whole desk setup.

DSC_0175.jpg

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Oh the hole in my wall is from some work the electrician did, and hasn't been patched up yet, and this room in my house is still pretty empty being that I only moved here about 10 days ago. If I took the time to edit some of these pics in photo shop a little bit they could have looked better I am sure but I rarely do that for pictures I put on forums unless it is like and actual photo contest thread.

Arthur M. Schlesinger

I used to have those Logitech speakers back in the day. Freaking nice first build that's fer sher.

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

I used to have those Logitech speakers back in the day. Freaking nice first build that's fer sher.

for the money they are good speakers.

Arthur M. Schlesinger

• 4 months later...

Yeah, a question, how did you put the corsair H100i cpu watercooler in place? I'd like to know because for a fun fact I'm trying to build a similar build for my first build too, though it's around 2 000.