6 month old 2080ti

heroin-bob

Hello everyone! 

I built my super computer back in March 2020 and have a ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti OC edition 11GB GDDR6. Now with the 3000 series coming out and way cheaper and will out preform the 2080ti I would like to know how I would go about either trading in the card or selling it? I don't necessarily want to use eBay, is there a place you guys might know of online where I can do that and that the site is repeatable. The card is basically new, light gaming ( modern warfare - getting about 140 fps with the highest settings @ 2560x1440p. With 3440x1440p its more like 120 fps with G-sync, ray-tracing,  and HDR turned on and at 160hz. Also how much do you think is a fair price to sell it or trade it in for?  Thanks everyone. I paid around $1,200 for it and would probably get rid of it for whatever the going rate for these cards are? please help lol.

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING/

facebook market, or letgo. accept only cash or paypal instant transfers, no checks or otherwise. Also r/hardwareswap.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Sell now. With the 3070 beating the 2080 ti, i would say 700 now, 400-600 after the 3070 is in consumer hands.

As for you being a recent 2080 ti buyer,

F

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, heroin-bob said:

Hello everyone! 

I built my super computer back in March 2020 and have a ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti OC edition 11GB GDDR6. Now with the 3000 series coming out and way cheaper and will out preform the 2080ti I would like to know how I would go about either trading in the card or selling it? I don't necessarily want to use eBay, is there a place you guys might know of online where I can do that and that the site is repeatable. The card is basically new, light gaming ( modern warfare - getting about 140 fps with the highest settings @ 2560x1440p. With 3440x1440p its more like 120 fps with G-sync, ray-tracing,  and HDR turned on and at 160hz. Also how much do you think is a fair price to sell it or trade it in for?  Thanks everyone. I paid around $1,200 for it and would probably get rid of it for whatever the going rate for these cards are? please help lol.

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING/

First thing first...
F

I feel for you, I got an RTX 2070 Super in january, it just lost at least a third of it's value.

Remember two years and a half years ago when there was no GPU inventory anywhere? We had 200$ to 300$ premiums on GTX 1070 TIs and GTX 1080 and TIs GPUs. Then RTX came out and sold out almost immediately even tough they were no real reason to get them at launch.

Things to considers:
Prices on Rtx 20** are still outrageous.
The new cards will sell out almost immediately and Unless Samsung delivers, they won't be wildly available until december. 
Vendors will sell RTX 30XX inventory at a premium while discounting RTX 20XX. 
They are no more new RTX 2080 TI on the market, NVDIA has stopped making that GPU.

When the new cards start to ship, you can either pull the trigger in the blind and hope you make a good deal or, if you need to be fair, you can wait for third party benchmarks and set your selling price on retail value of a comparable performer (sold at premium and/or out of stock) minus a 5-10% because you are selling a used card.

Goodluck

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10

On 9/2/2020 at 10:29 AM, Quickstrike said:

First thing first...
F

I feel for you, I got an RTX 2070 Super in january, it just lost at least a third of it's value.

Remember two years and a half years ago when there was no GPU inventory anywhere? We had 200$ to 300$ premiums on GTX 1070 TIs and GTX 1080 and TIs GPUs. Then RTX came out and sold out almost immediately even tough they were no real reason to get them at launch.

Things to considers:
Prices on Rtx 20** are still outrageous.
The new cards will sell out almost immediately and Unless Samsung delivers, they won't be wildly available until december. 
Vendors will sell RTX 30XX inventory at a premium while discounting RTX 20XX. 
They are no more new RTX 2080 TI on the market, NVDIA has stopped making that GPU.

When the new cards start to ship, you can either pull the trigger in the blind and hope you make a good deal or, if you need to be fair, you can wait for third party benchmarks and set your selling price on retail value of a comparable performer (sold at premium and/or out of stock) minus a 5-10% because you are selling a used card.

Goodluck

Thank you! Really good advice. I'll keep my ear out to see what happens in the next few weeks and months.