How good is a GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8 GB

Toby waiting

Sorry if I repeating another topic but I I'm thinking of building a new computer and would like to know where a GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8 GB sits in the GPU world I'm going to be running a ryzen 9 3900 x 12C and have got a budget of really no more than £600 I know you can get far better GPUs but does anyone have a better suggestion within my price range

thanks Toby

5700 XT

They're far cheaper naturally, and especially now with the 2070S not even in production anymore.

Or wait for the 30xx cards to come out 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

7 minutes ago, Toby waiting said:

Sorry if I repeating another topic but I I'm thinking of building a new computer and would like to know where a GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8 GB sits in the GPU world I'm going to be running a ryzen 9 3900 x 12C and have got a budget of really no more than £600 I know you can get far better GPUs but does anyone have a better suggestion within my price range

thanks Toby

I think that should be enough for a 3070. From what i understand 3070 = 2080ti (about)

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Toby waiting said:

How good is a ASUS Radeon RX 5700 XT ROG STRIX OC 8GB GDDR

With your budget and the performance promised by NVIDIA for their latest graphics cards, you really shouldn't be looking at anything but RTX 3070, unless you are willing to wait for new AMD cards to see what they can offer.

RTX 3070 promises to deliver RTX 2080 Ti (a +1'100£ card if we're going by amazon.co.uk prices) performance for MSRP price of 499$. That's simply insane!

It also will offer you DLSS (game gets rendered at lower resolution, then upscaled for the purpose of increasing FPS while saving image quality, even bettering it in my eyes at least) which will prolong your cards longevity. While DLSS is not supported by many games, I think it's safe to assume that most, if not all upcoming AAA titles will have it because access to cards that support this technology is becoming main-stream.

DLSS showcase:

Thanks and after a quick look on eBay this seems to be promising I can find one for £580 and it's alright connectors and it looking like it's got really good specs so I'm probably going to be going with this one

Edit: is worth noting I'm not going to be doing any serious gaming on this machine it is more of just a work horse

E: I now realise I was looking at something different but now we know what is I am definitely going with a 3070

Edited by Toby waiting
I misread something