SSD stopped showing up in BIOS and Windows

xMoobyx
Good Day everyone new to the form and looking for some help.
A few days ago my ssd in SATA port 3 stopped showing up in the bios and windows. If I put the ssd into a USB port with and adaptor it shows up. I have also tried port 4-6 and nothing happens but my other two ssd still show up in port 1and 2. I was wondering if this is a board limitation or if I should do a CMOS rest. I have had the board sense June. I love the board just wish I could have more then two drives when I did have 3 working at the same time. I have checked all SATA power and data cables. 
My build 
Asus B450 Strix gaming motherboard
Ryzen 5 3600 stock cooler
Pny 1660 6gb
16gb Corsair vengeance 3.2
Pny 120gb ssd boot
Crucial 500gb ssd
WD Blue 1tb ssd 
Corsair 650w bronze PSU
Lian Li Lancool 2

Hope to hear from you all soon have a great day

I would try resetting CMOS. When you say that nothing happens when you plug it into port 4 and 6, do you mean that it still doesn't show up? If so, try plugging it into 1 or 2, whichever isn't being used for your boot device.

Although it works via USB I would try connecting the question SSD via SATA to another computer. This sounds like a drive issue if either of your other SSDs work in the ports the question SSD was once in.

1 hour ago, AdvilLobotomite said:

I would try resetting CMOS. When you say that nothing happens when you plug it into port 4 and 6, do you mean that it still doesn't show up? If so, try plugging it into 1 or 2, whichever isn't being used for your boot device.

Thanks for the tip and I think I'll try the CMOS and a bios flash. I had a rep from Asus tell me me also the same thing. Hopefully this helps or I'm getting a replacement board. 

On 8/31/2020 at 1:51 PM, Windows7ge said:

Although it works via USB I would try connecting the question SSD via SATA to another computer. This sounds like a drive issue if either of your other SSDs work in the ports the question SSD was once in.

Quick update ended up doing a bios flash and it fix the issue thank you everyone for the tips can't wait to join more conversations

56 minutes ago, xMoobyx said:

Quick update ended up doing a bios flash and it fix the issue thank you everyone for the tips can't wait to join more conversations

Good.