How much is Floatplane in the UK?

Go to solution Solved by Spotty,
1 minute ago, Sandro Linux said:

How much is ltt?

Depends on the plan you choose. There's a 1080p plan and 4k plan. 

Screenshot_20200831-035539_Chrome.jpg.6f56d8960e20355ee938f16134270e17.jpg

If you're using the iOS app you'll need to go to the website to sign up and subscribe as Apple won't allow it in the app.

How much is Floatplane in the UK? I can not find the price anywhere.

My Laptop: A MacBook Air 

My Desktop: Don’t have one 

My Phone: An Honor 8s (although I don’t recommend it)

My Favourite OS: Linux

My Console: A Regular PS4

My Tablet: A Huawei Mediapad m5 

Spoiler

It depends on the creator you subscribe to and which package.

If you create an account (free) and look at the creators page it will show you available plans and their prices, in USD.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

It depends on the creator you subscribe to and which package.

If you create an account (free) and look at the creators page it will show you available plans and their prices, in USD.

How much is ltt?

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Sandro Linux said:

How much is ltt?

If you're using the iOS app you'll need to go to the website to sign up and subscribe as Apple won't allow it in the app.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Why dont you just sign-in to floatplain (use forum account login option) and you can see all prices there. Use Xe.com to convert USD to GBP to get a estimated price.

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Thank you!

Spoiler

So 4K LTT costs as much as Netflix or Amazon Prime. Where is the equal value? Does the LTT channel provide the same value as thousand of movies and television shows with 1000x the budget?

It also says they’re going to split off their other channels in the future and you’ll have to pay for each individually... So $30 a month for LTT content. They’re out of their element thinking what they do is worth that.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

5 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

So 4K LTT costs as much as Netflix or Amazon Prime. Where is the equal value? Does the LTT channel provide the same value as thousand of movies and television shows with 1000x the budget?

It also says they’re going to split off their other channels in the future and you’ll have to pay for each individually... So $30 a month for LTT content. They’re out of their element thinking what they do is worth that.

You're derailing the thread. OP's question was about pricing, not about 'Whether Vitamanic thinks it's worth it or not'. Don't pay for it if it's not for you.

Just now, RainfallWithin said:

You're derailing the thread. OP's question was about pricing, not about 'Whether Vitamanic thinks it's worth it or not'. Don't pay for it if it's not for you.

I’m allowed to have an opinion and voice it in the “general discussion” forum, lol. There’s an ignore feature available to you if you need it.

12 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

Floatplane, like Patreon, is mainly about supporting the creators. What you get in return varies between one creator and another, same goes for the pricing and the "value" of what they're willing to offer.

Also, like Patreon, it's completely optional, so you don't have to subscribe to the other channels when they split them off. You don't have to sub to their main channels if you don't want to, for that matter.

6 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Floatplane, like Patreon, is mainly about supporting the creators. What you get in return varies between one creator and another, same goes for the pricing and the "value" of what they're willing to offer.

Also, like Patreon, it's completely optional, so you don't have to subscribe to the other channels when they split them off. You don't have to sub to their main channels if you don't want to.

I know that it’s optional, I just question the ethics of a profitable medium size business (there’s what... 35 people there now?) essentially taking donations for the hell of it.

I couldn’t fathom myself handing over $30 a month to a grocery store or gas station just because I want to financially support them, you know?

I guess this is also why myself and many others were extremely critical of them when they started asking for people to chip in for their new office instead of taking out a business loan.

15 minutes ago, Vitamanic said:

I know that it’s optional, I just question the ethics of a profitable medium size business (there’s what... 35 people there now?) essentially taking donations for the hell of it.

I couldn’t fathom myself handing over $30 a month to a grocery store or gas station just because I want to financially support them, you know?

I guess this is also why myself and many others were extremely critical of them when they started asking for people to chip in for their new office instead of taking out a business loan.

I think they (Linus or someone else) mentioned what the initial purpose of Floatplane was; either proving a more stable source of income (YouTube heavily fluctuates) or provide another place for them to post their vids in case something happened with YouTube or their channel on there.

I think this was initially meant to take the place of Vessel, for LMG anyways, but now it's more like Patreon where you support the creators that you like.

The amount of value that you get could be more subjective, some people will not think that the tiers have any good value, while others will be perfectly fine with it.

Comparing Floatplane to Netflix, though, is like comparing apples to oranges imo; Floatplane isn't advertised as being a "pay and get access to all the content in the platform" like how Netflix is advertised.

Subscribing to LTT on floatplane for $5/month is probably more similar to subscribing to your favourite twitch steamer for $5/month. That would be a more fair comparison to make.

10 hours ago, Spotty said:

Subscribing to LTT on floatplane for $5/month is probably more similar to subscribing to your favourite twitch steamer for $5/month. That would be a more fair comparison to make.

True

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

It does cost money to develop a platform and host content on it and Floatplane is not as big as Netflix or Amazon so they don’t have the same scale of people who would subscribe therefore driving up the price 

Spoiler