should i buy nzxt kraken x53 or cosair h100i?

QUESTIONS: First off, from the title - is liquid cooling better than a amd fan that came with my r5 3600 or should i stay with fan? second of all how often do i have to do maintenance for my liquid/ radiator? what is their life span (nzxt x53 + cosair h100i)?  and finally which is better, x53 or h100i (which people reccomended me) or are there any cheap suggestions under $250-150 aud???

And.....If i buy the nzxt kraken x53, can i use different fans on the radiator to make it rgb?

Any answers????

The issue with ryzen2 is overclocking is near pointless.  The result is that unless you live in a hot country there is less reason to use any aftermarket cooler than there used to be. An AIO of any type therefore is going to be overkill.  Some chips are poorly binned though and more cooling than the stock cooler has is occasionally useful.  You can always put an AIO on later.  I would say at least try the stock cooler first and see if it performs well enough.  It may.  If it doesn’t an aftermarket cooler can always be added later.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Their expected life is what the warranty is, about 5+ years. There is no repair or so. 

AIO up to 240 are not better than good aftermarket air coolers, but have less RAM clearance issue. I assume a 240 will perform better than stock cooler, especially quieter at given heat.

Most AIO use standard 120mm fans, so you can change fans. But you also change performance since you need high pressure fans. that is how they differentiate performance from silent AIO, just different fans. 

No maintenance, they are sealed system and when they stop cooling well, you throw them away (or RMA them). 

11 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

The issue with ryzen2 is overclocking is near pointless.  The result is that unless you live in a hot country there is less reason to use any aftermarket cooler than there used to be. An AIO of any type therefore is going to be overkill.  Some chips are poorly binned though and more cooling than the stock cooler has is occasionally useful.  You can always put an AIO on later.  I would say at least try the stock cooler first and see if it performs well enough.  It may.  If it doesn’t an aftermarket cooler can always be added later.

r2?

haven't done much research since i'm new to pc world. AIOs above 240 include the nzxt and cosair series ?

Edited by Duckeee
grammar

I have been running my new build for over a week now. My intention was to run the stock cooler for a month or so to determine if noise and heat would be an issue before upgrading it. Noise was the #1 factor for me, cooling and aesthetics 2nd and 3rd. I don't tend to overclock my systems. my build is the rog strix x570-e with a 3900xt, nzxt h510 and the stock cooler. The first couple days the cooler was very loud, but as a I adjusted the fan curve I've gotten it to the point I'm happy. I idle 45-50c and max out at 70c under load. Perhaps I can get that down a bit with more case fans. I say, try out the stock, play with the curve and if you aren't satisfied consider a dark rock 4 or nh-d15, or there are less expensive options if budget is a concern. 

Linus on aio vs air

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23vjWtUpItk

Gamers nexus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VzXHUTqE7E

A 3900xt with a 570 is a compiling machine not a gaming or video machine

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.