Older motherboard in New case

Go to solution Solved by Dolvey,
11 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Depends what case you get. I don't believe that board has a USB 3.0 front panel header, but you can get adapters to at least get the ports on the case to work at USB 2.0 speeds, assuming your case has USB 3.0 ports (most new ones do, if they're not super cheap). 

It won't have a USC C front panel header either. 

Power, reset and such will all work. 

Okay, thank you. I just wanted to make sure the power button would work. I can live without USB c for now

Hi, I have an asrock z68 extreme 3 and I was wanting to get a new case. Will I have any compatibility issues with the front io? 

9 minutes ago, Dolvey said:

Hi, I have an asrock z68 extreme 3 and I was wanting to get a new case. Will I have any compatibility issues with the front io? 

No issues it’s the normal pins just read the mobo manual, edit forgot about usb header you may not have 3.0 but power will work

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Largely, this will depend on the IO that the case has, but the only thing that would potentially be issue is if you have any USB 3.x headers. Your board doesn't have support for anything above 2.0 natively.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Depends what case you get. I don't believe that board has a USB 3.0 front panel header, but you can get adapters to at least get the ports on the case to work at USB 2.0 speeds, assuming your case has USB 3.0 ports (most new ones do, if they're not super cheap). 

The board is ATX standard, so it will fit in any case that supports the ATX standard.

For example, smaller cases may only support mATX standard of motherboards.

11 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Okay, thank you. I just wanted to make sure the power button would work. I can live without USB c for now

This forum is great. You guys are so quick and helpful!