How to install official google chrome os on any pc/laptop (Brunch)

It takes some time..but 97% of the time it will boot if the hardware is compatible with the image... 

want to install chrome os? here's how.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

....And the entry level employees would be up on the 80th floor."

That looks neat, if you get it to work,  I mean... However,  I have some questions... So it *is* possible to use Google play store? And do those apps upscale properly? I suppose it's a non issue,  but I'm curious.

Edit: also what about side loading, any restrictions? 

Also does this run in an Linux environment or is it "native" chrome OS?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

36 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

That looks neat, if you get it to work,  I mean... However,  I have some questions... So it *is* possible to use Google play store? And do those apps upscale properly? I suppose it's a non issue,  but I'm curious.

Edit: also what about side loading, any restrictions? 

Also does this run in an Linux environment or is it "native" chrome OS?

yes the play store works and they do upscale properly. you can sideload apps to yuor hearts content and it is running native which makes your pc a hackbook maybe , whatever you want to call it ... infact you can use linux beta to install  debian based apps within it .....there is a qemu feature too but currently broken due to kernel issues....I will type the methods on single boot mostly tommorow. 

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

19 minutes ago, TheCoverUp said:

I have a little issue here. I've left it at the Chrome screen for like 4-5 hours and it hasn't done anything. I've restarted and still nothing. Any idea why? 

17 minutes ago, TheCoverUp said:

yes the play store works and they do upscale properly. you can sideload apps to yuor hearts content and it is running native which makes your pc a hackbook maybe , whatever you want to call it ... infact you can use linux beta to install  debian based apps within it .....there is a qemu feature too but currently broken due to kernel issues....I will type the methods on single boot mostly tommorow. 

Thanks for the answer. That's cool I might do this with my laptop - which I barely use anyway, and I would like to keep it simple.

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

have you tried adding rmmod tpm in the grub?

2 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

I have a little issue here. I've left it at the Chrome screen for like 4-5 hours and it hasn't done anything. I've restarted and still nothing. Any idea why? 

@AndreiArgeanu

can you give me the spec of the pc you are installing it on and the image you are using?

7 minutes ago, TheCoverUp said:

@AndreiArgeanu

can you give me the spec of the pc you are installing it on and the image you are using?

I've been using the rmmod tpm since chromeos doesn't start without it. I used Samus. 

The specs are. 

i5-3570S

GTX 770

Optiplex 7010 OEM motherboard 

8gb ddr3 dual channel

And a 70gb partition on my 500gb hard drive

@TheCoverUp

Ok I'm really clueless about this chrome stuff, but  after some digging it appears not all playstore apps are available on chrome OS "depending on the device"  or something,  so is that a possible issue?  

Basically I just want the apps (for example Samsung Internet *beta, bilibili,  photo editor...) that are on my phone to also work on the laptop,  that would be the main reason to do this for me and now I'm a bit unsure if that would work?  

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

you are using a nvidia graphics card thus it isnt working....there isnt support for nvidia graphics...try using the integeted graphics ...

On 8/28/2020 at 6:14 PM, Mark Kaine said:

@TheCoverUp

Ok I'm really clueless about this chrome stuff, but  after some digging it appears not all playstore apps are available on chrome OS "depending on the device"  or something,  so is that a possible issue?  

Basically I just want the apps (for example Samsung Internet *beta, bilibili,  photo editor...) that are on my phone to also work on the laptop,  that would be the main reason to do this for me and now I'm a bit unsure if that would work?  

yes few apps are not shown on the playstore but few work when the apk is sideloaded...for example clash of clans doesnt show in the play store but I sideloaded a apk and it is working great. It is mainly a problem cuz I dont think It emulates arm like few android x86 based oses like prime os

@Mark Kaine

If you give me a list of the apps I will check If they are compatible ... but dm me and dont post it here 

21 minutes ago, TheCoverUp said:

you are using a nvidia graphics card thus it isnt working....there isnt support for nvidia graphics...try using the integeted graphics ...

Works now, thanks! 

the method is now in the main post.

• 4 weeks later...

update: removed method by kedar nimbalkar as it will cause problems.

• 1 month later...

Yeah i installed it the way mentioned. Everything is working perfectly except for bluetooth. Won't show any devices under bluetooth. But while on linux mint, bluetooth works and connects to other devices.

1 hour ago, mr_paradox said:

Yeah i installed it the way mentioned. Everything is working perfectly except for bluetooth. Won't show any devices under bluetooth. But while on linux mint, bluetooth works and connects to other devices.

please tell the following info: type of install (dual or single boot)

the bluetooth card name....

13 hours ago, TheCoverUp said:

please tell the following info: type of install (dual or single boot)

the bluetooth card name....

Single boot. I dont really know the name of the bluetooth card.. hope the attached file helps. 
Laptop: Asus tp200s
Processor: Intel Celeron N3050

Screenshot at 2020-11-17 05-15-21.png

1 hour ago, mr_paradox said:

Single boot. I dont really know the name of the bluetooth card.. hope the attached file helps. 
Laptop: Asus tp200s
Processor: Intel Celeron N3050

Screenshot at 2020-11-17 05-15-21.png

@mr_paradox the bluetooth has a bit of a problem......you need to use the terminal to pair the bluetooth devices....once paired you can connect to the device using gui...

3 hours ago, TheCoverUp said:

@mr_paradox the bluetooth has a bit of a problem......you need to use the terminal to pair the bluetooth devices....once paired you can connect to the device using gui...

ohhh that so. How do i pair with the terminal?? Also do you know why in chromeos(in my device) this problem exists but in linux mint/ other os it works just fine

16 minutes ago, mr_paradox said:

ohhh that so. How do i pair with the terminal?? Also do you know why in chromeos(in my device) this problem exists but in linux mint/ other os it works just fine

it is a frequent problem....and it has happened to many devices using brunch.... these drivers aren't in the actual cros img thus this happens..all these drivers are additional drivers added by sebanc. thus they don't play well with the gui but work with cli..

btw...the cmds are
 "bluetoothctl" in the shell..

" scan on"

"connect (the device id) "

all of these stuff is general linux....so you can just google it

16 hours ago, TheCoverUp said:

it is a frequent problem....and it has happened to many devices using brunch.... these drivers aren't in the actual cros img thus this happens..all these drivers are additional drivers added by sebanc. thus they don't play well with the gui but work with cli..

btw...the cmds are
 "bluetoothctl" in the shell..

" scan on"

"connect (the device id) "

all of these stuff is general linux....so you can just google it

okay so i tried bluetoothctl but nothing happens. It gets stuck in that.

Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 9.20.09 AM.png

2 minutes ago, mr_paradox said:

okay so i tried bluetoothctl but nothing happens. It gets stuck in that.

Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 9.20.09 AM.png

not there.....press ctrl+alt+T on the keyboard to reach the crosh shell....there type shell and press enter...then you can use the bluetoothctl cmd...

46 minutes ago, TheCoverUp said:

not there.....press ctrl+alt+T on the keyboard to reach the crosh shell....there type shell and press enter...then you can use the bluetoothctl cmd...

Wow it worked. Thank you so so much.

47 minutes ago, TheCoverUp said:

But a new problem has occurred, at first it got connected but when i tried to reconnect it, it says failed to connect org.bluez.Error.Failed

1 minute ago, mr_paradox said:

But a new problem has occurred, at first it got connected but when i tried to reconnect it, it says failed to connect org.bluez.Error.Failed

are you on the latest brunch ?