my mouse freezes intermittently please can someone help

I use a tecknet m268 gaming mouse (quite old). And when I move the pointer around it will sometimes just freeze for a second which is really annoying. It also does this when I am moving around in game, so I can still change direction with awsd but can't look around.

Any help would really be much appreciated.

I have checked and there were 2 mouse drivers, one of them the generic one and the other the logitech ghub so I deleted ghub and removed the driver but the freezing still occurs.

Sounds like a software problem. On windows Youtube freezes like you said, on Ubuntu it is fine. I havent got round to a reinstall but I assume it will fix it

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

3 minutes ago, Anonymous015 said:

Sounds like a software problem. On windows Youtube freezes like you said, on Ubuntu it is fine. I havent got round to a reinstall but I assume it will fix it

I'm confused, are you talking about your own problem or mine?

11 hours ago, Joealex24 said:

I'm confused, are you talking about your own problem or mine?

I'm saying I had a similar problem, and it seemed to be a software problem, so maybe a reinstall will fix your problem too, as it is a similar problem

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

• 8 months later...
On 8/27/2020 at 10:36 PM, Joealex24 said:

I use a tecknet m268 gaming mouse (quite old). And when I move the pointer around it will sometimes just freeze for a second which is really annoying. It also does this when I am moving around in game, so I can still change direction with awsd but can't look around.

Any help would really be much appreciated.

I have checked and there were 2 mouse drivers, one of them the generic one and the other the logitech ghub so I deleted ghub and removed the driver but the freezing still occurs.

ive had this problem with exact same mouse i still cant find a fix

27 minutes ago, Harri.exe said:

ive had this problem with exact same mouse i still cant find a fix

it's a cheap mouse and it's 5-6 years old. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Maybe the USB contacts are dirty, could try cleaning the contacts with alcohol

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~