Dark "water trails" in IPS monitor, prominent in the first few minutes of turning on. What are they?

Vivilacqua1
Go to solution Solved by Mihle,

Dirt on the screen? Some sort of liquid damage? not sure.

How old is it, can you RMA?

My Dell monitor shows dark lines in the background of dark colored windows for the first few minutes after it turns on before they slowly fade away. I don't recall how long it has done this as I only noticed it recently but it may have been happening longer that that, I don't often have dark windows across my screen. Super annoying and not what I want out of a reputable $600 monitor. 

Do you know what these are? This is a fairly new Dell IPS ultrawide and has been cared for well. 

My friend said it could be IPS tears or punctures but upon inspection he isn't sure anymore. 

Help is appreciated!

IMG_20200827_114256.jpg

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Bump?

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Dirt on the screen? Some sort of liquid damage? not sure.

How old is it, can you RMA?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

• 8 months later...

I found some info finally that might explain this. It could be a Yogore/Mura defect. Basically wear on the monitor from use and high temps and not much can be done about it. Might disappear with time but my monitor has gotten worse with time .They don't really fade all away now.. 

https://www.dell.com/community/Monitors/Yogore-Mura-defect-smearing-wavy-jagged-lines/m-p/7500237/thread-id/124039

Often at 80% brightness and I turn it down in the evening but that's too much apperently... Not too hot