1080ti and 2080ti died after one year.

HiiDontCareThanks

Hey guy i had a bad experience with my last two GPU's.

As title says my first GPU (1080) bought in December 2017 died after one year of using, it was an asus rog strix 1080 ti , non over clocked  i use it as i buyed from store.

My second GPU bought in 2019 January or in February died this year around March. It was gigabyte - geforce rtx 2080 ti 11gb gaming oc. Same thing, i use this GPU as i bought it from store, no OC.
So, my questions are:

I am that "lucky" to get two broken GPU's or it was something else like marketing and they broke my GPU's with driver (if possible) or something like that, i am not an expert, or it was just bad luck.

Also, i have my old PC, with an 1060 GPU and every thing work just fine in the last few years.

Anyone else had this problem?

That was just bad luck, GPUs should hold up a long time.

Until i sold them recently i had a GTX 660Ti and a 970. I bought both when they were released and they never had any problems. They were both several years old.

Maybe you have a very low-quality PSU? Rest of your specs?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I've handled a couple 1080 TIs and 2080 TIs, a strix, an MSI Duke, and a founder's edition to name a few. They're all in perfect condition to this day so it's really a matter of bad luck unfortunately.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Could be bad luck as stated above or could be something else, just to be safe, what psu are you using?

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

13 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Could be bad luck as stated above or could be something else, just to be safe, what psu are you using?

Hey guys. thank you for taking from your time to answer this topic, at that time i had a 850 or 750 cant remember exactly psu from corsair 80+ gold and a cpu 8700k 

10 hours ago, HiiDontCareThanks said:

at that time i had a 850 or 750 cant remember exactly psu from corsair 80+ gold

exact model if possible? also try the cards in a different system and check.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Oh, already sent them to RMA, and got my money back, now i am using my old PC. At that time, before send them back, tested on both PC's  and had same problem. 

BUT, the  weird part is  how both video cards died before the launch of the new generation, in both cases. 

10 hours ago, HiiDontCareThanks said:

in both cases. 

yea could be bad luck but again, could be something else, we can't know for sure sadly.

Build Log: 

*except those two dead GPUs 🤷‍♀️

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder