Steelseries Arctis Pro with or without GameDAC?

Mattaeus

Greetings All,

I am thinking of getting a new headset with the idea of better sound quality and ive got my eye on the Arctis Pro. My current audio setup is as follows:

HEADSET: SteelSeries Arctis 7 Gaming
SPEAKERS: Creative A250 2.1

The speakers are connected to my onboard sound which is a standard Realtek High Definition Audio.

Should i bother getting the GameDAC in addition to the headset, will it provide me with better sound quality? Will it improve the Arctis Pro's sound quality further?

I am not an expert on sound quality or equipment so just want a expert opinion since the GameDAC is adds a premium to the headset so i basically just want to know if its worth it.

You shouldn't bother with "gaming" audio at all. My personal recommendation is the DT 770 pro 80ohm with a modmic uni. Pair it with an ifi zen dac and you are good. The Sound Blaster g6 is also good.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)