Corsair to go public

Spotty
12 hours ago, justpoet said:

As for the general topic.  If I were a fan boy of Corsair, I'd add a single stock share to my list of things to buy.  It may, or may not, be a great investment financially, but it would give the fan boy easy access to all information the company produces (often about projected upcoming projects by way of guidance for financial expectations) and voting rights to help say what the company does.

Buying a share doesn’t get you any sort of special access to information—all the information is made public through SEC filings that anyone can search through.

Additionally, you only get to vote once per year (generally) for bland stuff like electing the board, affirming the independent audit firm (is it EY? Is it Deloitte?? How exciting ! ;)), and affirming executive compensation. Nothing too interesting nor core to daily business operations. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

On 8/24/2020 at 6:21 PM, VegetableStu said:

hmm maybe they could contract biostar or supermicro? whoever's their OEM

(NZXT did attempt to do motherboards through an OEM, so i'm wondering if Corsair would know a strategy to do so...)

If they would try I think they would start with graphics cards first 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

I wonder if they need a influx of cash. Stocks are a great way to take in money without taking on debt. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 8/25/2020 at 9:56 AM, Blade of Grass said:

Buying a share doesn’t get you any sort of special access to information—all the information is made public through SEC filings that anyone can search through.

Additionally, you only get to vote once per year (generally) for bland stuff like electing the board, affirming the independent audit firm (is it EY? Is it Deloitte?? How exciting ! ;)), and affirming executive compensation. Nothing too interesting nor core to daily business operations. 

I said easy access to information, which generally includes a delivered prospectus, not special access to information.

Vote frequency, as well as content, differ based on company.  I've done the boring "yep, re-elect the board" votes, as well as "(dis)approve this merger", and even things like spin off companies and general strategies have been voted on in the past.  You're correct it isn't USUALLY interesting…but I never said it was, just that the fanboy would be able to say they were voting for the future direction of the company.

Full disclosure: I'm neither a fanboy of, nor intend to purchase stock of, Corsair.  I do think they generally have good products though.