Bang for Buck Video Editing

Budget (including currency): ~$2300 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Video editing in Premiere and Davinci Resolve, After effects. 

Heres what I plan so far:

I plan to use the GTX 1060 out of my old computer until the new 3000 series cards release. I'll still get a 2070 Super but I'm hoping for a price drop. 

I will be adding in a few hard drives and SSDs that have footage already on them. 

I have put months of thought into this build.

Looking for y'alls input, especially on the power supply. While I've done a ton of research, there is a ton that I don't know or understand. I want to confirm compatibility and that I will have everything I need.

Future upgrades:

NVME Scratch Disk

Raid HDD Storage

Another 64Gb of ram? (128 seems crazy though)

Monitors: 2 Benq 4k monitors and an older Samsung 1200x? monitor.

THANK YOU!

No need for that thermal paste, noctua one is already excellent.

As far for the case, i would get a non "i" nzxt case, unless you really like their broken software, or you really need the rgb. Also MSI ventus isn't exactly know for it's good cooling performance, or quietness.

As far for all the other parts, they are really good, and my complaints are more of a nitpicking, nothing groundbreaking.

And because everyone else will start spamming it aswell, wait for september and ryzen 4000 series, it will have a +20% better performance (allegedly).

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

No need for that thermal paste, noctua one is already excellent.

As far for the case, i would get a non "i" nzxt case, unless you really like their broken software, or you really need the rgb. Also MSI ventus isn't exactly know for it's good cooling performance, or quietness.

As far for all the other parts, they are really good, and my complaints are more of a nitpicking, nothing groundbraking.

And because everyone else will start spamming it aswell, wait for september and ryzen 4000 series, it will have a +20% better performance (allegedly).

Didnt know about the thermal paste! Already watched Gamers Nexus video on crappy NZXT lighting thing. didnt update pcpartspicker. 

September seems so far away

Just now, GenerallyJake said:

Didnt know about the thermal paste! Already watched Gamers Nexus video on crappy NZXT lighting thing. didnt update pcpartspicker. 

Yeah, depends on the person, for some september is around the corner, for some it isn't.

But i don't expect any major price cuts on the 3000 series after 4000 announcement, so no harm in buying earlier, if you are happy with the 3900x. 

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

2 minutes ago, GenerallyJake said:

September is a week away.... lol. I’d wait a month.

Also, why the extra sata cables? Lol. Your mobo will come with at least 4. Just trying to save you and the planet a few extra dollars and a little less wasted plastic :)

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

You could further save some money by going with a B550 motherboard if you plan on sticking to just one PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD.

Also, if you want a less bulky of a CPU cooler, you could go for an NH-U12A and stick some NF-F12 chromax.black fans on it if you're not a fan of the brown/tan colour scheme of the NF-A12x25 fans that come with it.

There's also new hardware coming soon, both in terms of CPUs and GPUs. If building the system now is not urgent, it might be worth waiting a little while longer.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

1 minute ago, LIGISTX said:

September is a week away.... lol. I’d wait a month.

Also, why the extra sata cables? Lol. Your mobo will come with at least 4. Just trying to save you and the planet a few extra dollars and a little less wasted plastic :)

Cause they are red 😁

6 minutes ago, GenerallyJake said:

Cause they are red 😁

The computer will be quite prominent in my office and clients will see it. It needs to look very sleek and modern. The red scheme matches company brand.