ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Encore, Slow and Not Fully Working

Let me please reuse the same thread to speak about the new problem that I am experiencing right now, after everything was solved just by replacing the dead CPU

My specs:

- i9 9940x

- ASUS Rampage VI Encore

- 32 Gb Corsair RAM

- EVGA RTX2070 XC Ultra

- Corsair AX1200

- Corsair 1000D

The problem right now is that the computer is working, with several small issues that I willl add later, but very slowly. My feeling is basically that the computer seems to be working over an HDD, really slow when opening new windows and especially programs. I have not reinstalled Windows and I just check the drivers with device management and CCleaner. I do not understand and I have tried everything:

- disconnect all the hdds of the system. 

- install and uninstall all drivers

- updating the BIOS

- updating and deleting everything

- I checked with Crystal Disk and it seems fine. I have to say though that just after installing everything I saw that the C drive was at 100% and since then it started the problems. Right now it is at 0% but the performance is awful, considering the specs (it takes 5 seconds when I press the windows key to show the menu or even 10 seconds to open folder). 

I am worried if the mobo is affected by how the previous CPU was broken. 

Also I am experiencing problems with ASUS drivers, especially ASUS Aura seems not work at all. Also ASUS AI Suite 3 or RAM Cache 3 I had to uninstall. There is a lot of crap coming with the mobo but I want the crap to work at least, I paid for it. There are many things which I think they should be configurable from windows and I do not know how, like the screen on the motherboard, the asus node or the lightning effects which are off completely on the motherboard since I came to windows first. 

Thanks in advance for all the help. At least I have now something working (I am typing from it). 

try reseating your cpu and remounting the cooler

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

7 minutes ago, eeeee1 said:

try reseating your cpu and remounting the cooler

Do you mean removing it and assembling it again? I have done that already a couple of times and nothing. I am starting to worry as if it is the CPU there is no problem becasue I can return it easily but I cannot say the same about the motherboard.

There are a few things you can try:
-Borrow a friend's known-good CPU to test the MB. Despite being the easiest on paper, this is usually the hardest as you need a friend who will let you use their stuff AND has the same socket as you.

-Clear CMOS. Who knows, it can help.

-Reflash the BIOS. To be honest, I don't know/think this is possible without a CPU being detected.

-Mess about with the mounting pressure of your cooler

The first one will tell you the most about your MB.

4 minutes ago, Requirement said:

There are a few things you can try:
-Borrow a friend's known-good CPU to test the MB. Despite being the easiest on paper, this is usually the hardest as you need a friend who will let you use their stuff AND has the same socket as you.

-Clear CMOS. Who knows, it can help.

-Reflash the BIOS. To be honest, I don't know/think this is possible without a CPU being detected.

-Mess about with the mounting pressure of your cooler

The first one will tell you the most about your MB.

That was exactly everything I thought, nothing worked and I have already requested a refund on my CPU and already purchased a new one (it was 30€ more expensive but I do not see any other solution).

We´ll see but I really hope it is solved on Monday just by changing the CPU to the new one.

51 minutes ago, DefensivePepe said:

That was exactly everything I thought, nothing worked and I have already requested a refund on my CPU and already purchased a new one (it was 30€ more expensive but I do not see any other solution).

We´ll see but I really hope it is solved on Monday just by changing the CPU to the new one.

if a well known WORKING cpu isnt detected, this might be a socket issue

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

2 hours ago, DefensivePepe said:

Hello everyone, after a long decission and build, i have finally build my computer to see that the CPU is not detected at all by the motherboard. It gives me the CPU Code: 00

Does anyone know what might be wrong, I think I have tried averything but not yet sure as well.

My specs:

- i9 9940x

- ASUS Rampage VI Encore

- 32 Gb Corsair RAM

- EVGA RTX2070 XC Ultra

- Corsair AX1200

Also, in case anyone with the same mobo reads this, I would like to know if there is any chance to add Thunderbolt 3 to my computer. I have seen there is no TB Header but it seems like all Rampage VI Motherboards are compatible.

Regards and thanks in advance.

Hi! 

Some known fixes are.

• Plug in all cpu eps connectors
  • Be sure LN2 switch is off
  • As mentioned check the socket for bent pins
  • Double check memory config. If running 4 sticks remove two and be sure in appropriate slots.

28 minutes ago, eeeee1 said:

if a well known WORKING cpu isnt detected, this might be a socket issue

That is what's worries me.

23 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Hi! 

Some known fixes are.

• Plug in all cpu eps connectors
  • Be sure LN2 switch is off
  • As mentioned check the socket for bent pins
  • Double check memory config. If running 4 sticks remove two and be sure in appropriate slots.

LN2 I haven't check it. It fails even with no memory or 4. It directly says there is no cpu. I have check the socket and seems fine.

1 minute ago, DefensivePepe said:

That is what's worries me.

LN2 I haven't check it. It fails even with no memory or 4. It directly says there is no cpu. I have check the socket and seems fine.

And why the suggestion to plug in all the cpu eps connectors. Some boards wont post unless they are all plugged in. 

Check the LN2 switch let me know.

On 8/22/2020 at 7:11 PM, ShrimpBrime said:

And why the suggestion to plug in all the cpu eps connectors. Some boards wont post unless they are all plugged in. 

Check the LN2 switch let me know.

I hace checked it today everyhting and nothing.

I'll have another cpu that I have ordered tomorrow to check it. We'll see what happens.

23 hours ago, DefensivePepe said:

I hace checked it today everyhting and nothing.

I'll have another cpu that I have ordered tomorrow to check it. We'll see what happens.

Today the CPU arrived but I have been quite busy and not able to try it until a couple of minutes ago.

It booted perfectly but now the drivers are giving me a lot of problems. I'll keep fighting and despite I think everything it is still fine, I am still worried that by using a dead cpu it broke something on my board.

On 8/22/2020 at 10:43 AM, Requirement said:

Despite being the easiest on paper, this is usually the hardest as you need a friend who will let you use their stuff AND has the same socket as you.

And the right same socket. They are LGA 1151 for 8th and 9th gen, but a 7th/6th gen motherboard doesn't work, even though it uses LGA 1151. Oh... Insert a cpu manufacturer here because they do the same thing....

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

And the right same socket. They are LGA 1151 for 8th and 9th gen, but a 7th/6th gen motherboard doesn't work, even though it uses LGA 1151. Oh... Insert a cpu manufacturer here because they do the same thing....

It's always something with these guys.... Also handy to keep your MB support list around!

2 minutes ago, Requirement said:

It's always something with these guys.... Also handy to keep your MB support list around!

Yeah. Any good upgrades for me would be a new Mobo, since I'm not spending 300 dollars to get a 7700k on a non overclocking Mobo.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Please let me update a bit the problems that I am now experiencing after changing the dead CPU