Ethernet Port Unresponsive / Not Detected

Hi all,

I've recently had a problem with my Ethernet port on my Asrock AB350M Pro4. I moved into a new apartment today, one with a wired connection that I didn't previously have. I have verified that the cable I'm using works, as well as the wall port, however, my desktop doesn't seem to want to recognize that there's a cable plugged into it. I looked further into device manager and it doesn't appear that Windows is even detecting that I have an Ethernet port. Additionally, when I run ipconfig/all in the command prompt (What clued me into this issue) there is no result for Ethernet adapter. I've tried to install drivers for the port that I got off of Asrock's website, but they failed to install due to the apparent lack of a port. I'd love for someone cleverer than I to help solve this issue.

A picture of what I see in network adapters

758721769_Screenshot(20).thumb.png.27455c1a77b16d02dc5a6f4112063fd6.png

Make sure it's not disabled in BIOS for some reason.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

More detail:

When trying to install drivers, the wizard says, "The Realtek Network Controller was not found. If Deep Sleep Mode is enabled Please Plug the Cable."

Yep Windows doesn't see it at all. Is it enabled in the BIOS? Are there any link active/activity indicator LEDs working on the port?

4 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Yep Windows doesn't see it at all. Is it enabled in the BIOS? Are there any link active/activity indicator LEDs working on the port?

I've been scouring the bios and can't even find anything relating to LAN... other than wake up on LAN. I decided to reset to defaults in case I had at one point accidentally turned something off. No good, still nothing. As for the LED's, no. The activity lights that would normally be blinking don't seem to be doing anything.

10 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Make sure it's not disabled in BIOS for some reason.

Reset bios, still nothing unfortunately...

This sounds like a hardware problem. The option to enable your LAN port should be there but at the same time under normal circumstances it should be enabled by default.

You can try running a BIOS update in case this is a firmware bug. Beyond that your network card might be dead.

Just now, Windows7ge said:

This sounds like a hardware problem. The option to enable your LAN port should be there but at the same time under normal circumstances it should be enabled by default.

You can try running a BIOS update in case this is a firmware bug. Beyond that your network card might be dead.

Yeah, I'm starting to fear that. I'll run a bios update, fingers crossed.

20 minutes ago, Michael122 said:

Yeah, I'm starting to fear that. I'll run a bios update, fingers crossed.

Bad news, bios update did nothing for the problem. Think that the best course of action here is to upgrade the mobo.... Finally a good reason!

2 hours ago, Michael122 said:

Bad news, bios update did nothing for the problem. Think that the best course of action here is to upgrade the mobo.... Finally a good reason!

What is that problematic PCI device in Device Manager? Right click and update drivers over Windows Update.

13 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

What is that problematic PCI device in Device Manager? Right click and update drivers over Windows Update.

I've already tried. Windows fails to find any drivers and I'm not really noticing any issues other than a ping spike every 5 minutes or so.