A nice phone for a 900 to 1300 dollars preferably android.

CELERIC07

MY dad currently has the s9+ and wants a new android around 900-1300 dollars. Please help me out. The phone must have a minimum of 128gb storage and must have a good cam. I have personally recommended one plus 8 and one of the two new samsung phones ie s20 and note 20 but wanted to seek an opinion of an expert with groups. I am more into pc hardware and little bit of networking. Anyways thank you for helping me out

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

Celeric07

Disclaimer, I use an iPhone so not completely up to date on new Android handsets, however depending on his reasoning I don't know what he would get from a new phone that his S9+ wouldn't already have.

That being said, I would look at OnePlus or perhaps Google Pixel, depending on how important the camera is. I would guess he wants a flagship device if he's looking to upgrade already. The new S20 phones are awesome, but expensive. When you say 900 dollars, are you meaning USD, CAD, or something else?

The LG V series is great for photography. I'm still using the V40 at present. Android 10 was the last feature update it will get so I'll have to update eventually but its still able to keep up with everything I throw at it and has a great camera. Only 64 gigs of storage on this one but I have an extra 128 gig SD card in it. If the newer models are anything like it then I would highly recommend them.

In India, I'd 100% go for the new Xiamoi. The Note 10 Ultra. Not sure what it costs there, but it's got one of the better cameras available, and pretty mad spec.

@Gediren He's from India so I assume he's just trying to be helpful with a conversion, though it doesn't really work that way; his budget in Rupee would be better.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

17 minutes ago, dizmo said:

In India, I'd 100% go for the new Xiamoi. The Note 10 Ultra. Not sure what it costs there, but it's got one of the better cameras available, and pretty mad spec.

@Gediren He's from India so I assume he's just trying to be helpful with a conversion, though it doesn't really work that way; his budget in Rupee would be better.

Ahh, fair point. I did not notice that. Thank you.

9 hours ago, dizmo said:

Guys not everyone in India wants a xiaomi also according to me most chinese phones suck and the only chinese product to last this long is covid-19. And i dont need a crazy good camera but a decent one will do. and i can go upto 1300$ not 900$. I had  converted ruppee to dollar wrongly. And @huilun02 why in the world would i buy same phone when i clearly want to discard it.  

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

Celeric07

12 minutes ago, CELERIC07 said:

Guys not everyone in India wants a xiaomi also according to me most chinese phones suck and the only chinese product to last this long is covid-19. And i dont need a crazy good camera but a decent one will do. and i can go upto 1300$ not 900$. I had  converted ruppee to dollar wrongly. And @huilun02 why in the world would i buy same phone when i clearly want to discard it.  

Your loss, it's an excellent choice.

You have to give us the rupee value, unless you're buying from the US; the prices do not directly translate.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Why not?

Hmmm if he is spending 900-1400$ why would he buy a phone which is 2+years old??

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

Celeric07

13 hours ago, Gediren said:

Disclaimer, I use an iPhone so not completely up to date on new Android handsets, however depending on his reasoning I don't know what he would get from a new phone that his S9+ wouldn't already have.

That being said, I would look at OnePlus or perhaps Google Pixel, depending on how important the camera is. I would guess he wants a flagship device if he's looking to upgrade already. The new S20 phones are awesome, but expensive. When you say 900 dollars, are you meaning USD, CAD, or something else?

I mean USD

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,

Celeric07

The Note 20 ultra from samsung is a good phone, but since you're Indian you will get the Exynos version. This automatically makes it almost as slow as the S9 that your dad already has.

The oneplus 8 pro is also a good phone, but it is Chinese, something which you seem to not like.

I would either : wait for the new Iphone, import a Snapdragon version of the note 20, or go chinese with the onplus 8 pro.

I dont think you will be dissapointed with the quality of the oneplus, but if you really don't want to Chinese I would recommend the Snapdragon note. If you don't want to risk the importing, then an iphone or an Exynos note are still more than fine.

6 hours ago, CELERIC07 said:

according to me most chinese phones suck and the only chinese product to last this long is covid-19. And i dont need a crazy good camera but a decent one will do. and i can go upto 1300$ not 900$. I had  converted ruppee to dollar wrongly. And @huilun02 why in the world would i buy same phone when i clearly want to discard it.  

Lol no. What makes you think that?

The current s9+ checks all the requirements you've listed. Also the one plus 8 is a chinese phone. People tend to think that stock looking->non chinese// heavily modified android->crappy chinese