Anyone planning to buy MAFIA 1 (DEFINITIVE EDITION)

Ayush007

Hello guys ,

I hope you all are doing well !!

Please stay safe and healthy !!

{ PLEASE DONT FORGET TO SHARE ME YOUR OPINION AS IT'S HIGHLY VALUABLE FOR ME }

As we all know,  the masterpiece edition of Illusion Softworks  - MAFIA 1 is back  ( with  4k stunning visual  graphics ). 

I know Many of you  ( especially hard-core  game lover ) don't miss any title unless it doesnt worth it. 🤞🤞🤞🤞

tell me how many of you are going to buy this title.

{PLEASE FEEL FREE TO GIVE ME YOUR OPINION }

I did pre order it (yeah yeah I know) however after seeing the trailer I refunded my pre order and will wait for it to release so I can gauge its reception.

The trailer basically looked like Mafia 3 reskinned, they made a point about Tommy not being a soldier while in the video he's reloading a clip one handed and blind firing like John McClane. There was way to many medikits, to much clutter on screen pointing out where to go and what to do, not enough guards, the cars look like they're driving at Mafia 3 speeds but the thing I hated the most was the voice acting.

I'm hopeful the "Classic Mode" they have teased will fix most of these issues and if it does I will buy it but if it really is Mafia 3.5 then I'm out.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

27 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I did pre order it (yeah yeah I know) however after seeing the trailer I refunded my pre order and will wait for it to release so I can gauge its reception.

The trailer basically looked like Mafia 3 reskinned, they made a point about Tommy not being a soldier while in the video he's reloading a clip one handed and blind firing like John McClane. There was way to many medikits, to much clutter on screen pointing out where to go and what to do, not enough guards, the cars look like they're driving at Mafia 3 speeds but the thing I hated the most was the voice acting.

I'm hopeful the "Classic Mode" they have teased will fix most of these issues and if it does I will buy it but if it really is Mafia 3.5 then I'm out.

Thnx Master Disaster,

For sharing your opinion with us.

I appreciate it. It's quite valuable for me.

I  think, buying a  title  after checking  the review is a smart move.👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Pre ordering are just for those who are pretty much hyped about it.

Well the main reason I'm saying this bcoz  I have also pre ordered mafia 3 and after ward I realise it's just a waste of money.

Main reason  why ppl don't like mafia 3 is gameplay and story.

Now if we  talk about mafia 1 , Dev. have confirmed that the story and characters are similar , they have just rendered  the graphics and  modified de gameplay.

Let's c what will happen !!!

Maybe. After Mafia 3, which I haven't played (If they can't be arsed to finish the game, I can't be arsed to play it, therefore I'm not going to buy it), it will be a check reviews very carefully first. I'm not into pre-ordering games, these days the best case is that they fix the buggy mess they've sold you pretty quickly. I require a certificate of non-shitness before I'm willing to entertain the idea of buying a game now, unless it's Nintendo as they still seam pretty good at releasing working games.

However, I did really, really enjoy Mafia, but then again how many remakes are as good as the originals?       

7 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

Maybe. After Mafia 3, which I haven't played (If they can't be arsed to finish the game, I can't be arsed to play it, therefore I'm not going to buy it), it will be a check reviews very carefully first. I'm not into pre-ordering games, these days the best case is that they fix the buggy mess they've sold you pretty quickly. I require a certificate of non-shitness before I'm willing to entertain the idea of buying a game now, unless it's Nintendo as they still seam pretty good at releasing working games.

However, I did really, really enjoy Mafia, but then again how many remakes are as good as the originals?       

Thnx monkey dust ,

For sharing your opinion with us.

I appreciate it.👍👍👍👍

I agree with your point , we should always check the review first,  then buy anything.

U sound quite logical and practical.

In FACT the only reason I'm interested in this title is story and gameplay  of the first part.

If review are not good , I'm done with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I've pre-ordered it.

Played Mafia 1 in the past but I was a bit too young for its difficulty.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

7 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Yeah I've pre-ordered it.

Played Mafia 1 in the past but I was a bit too young for its difficulty.

Dear Andreas Lilja,

Thnx for sharing your opinion with us.

I appreciate it.