matching XMP profile with RAM capacity

Hi there, here's my specs:

2x 8 GB ddr4 corsair vengeance lpx 3000mhz.
MSI TOMAHAWK MAX motherboard
RYZEN 3100

Now many people said that by default your RAM runs below the speed that is actually advertised. That means my RAM runs below 3000mhz by default(let me know if I'm wrong about this!). if I enable the XMP and set it to 3000mhz(matching the speed with ram's speed), Will my RAM's lifespan become shorter? And should I set the FCLK frequency the same as 3000mhz to make it 1:1? there was a video that mentioned this(link below). Is it advisable to set 1:1?

Let me know your thoughts on this!

Thanks

4 minutes ago, RajTheGeek said:

Will my RAM's lifespan become shorter?

No. One if it's SPD profiles (that will run the advertised speeds)  will run when xmp is enabled at a certain voltage (typically around 1.35-1.4v) which is completely safe. 

4 minutes ago, RajTheGeek said:

And should I set the FCLK frequency the same as 3000mhz to make it 1:1?

The board usually sets the FCLK to it can be 1:1 so in this case it would automatically be set to 1500 theoretically. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

9 minutes ago, RajTheGeek said:

Now many people said that by default your RAM runs below the speed that is actually advertised. That means my RAM runs below 3000mhz by default(let me know if I'm wrong about this!). if I enable the XMP and set it to 3000mhz(matching the speed with ram's speed), Will my RAM's lifespan become shorter? And should I set the FCLK frequency the same as 3000mhz to make it 1:1? there was a video that mentioned this(link below). Is it advisable to set 1:1?

The JEDEC standard sets the base clock of the RAM which is generally 2133Mhz or 2400Mhz. Anything over that is technically an overclock. The XMP is basically an approved set of clock speed, timings, and voltages that achieve the advertised speed of the RAM.

DDR literally means double data rate, so when you see an advertised speed of 3000Mhz, for example, that's actually 1500Mhz, effectively 3000Mhz because of the double data rate. The FLCK is tied to the *actual* clock speed of the RAM, though, so the FLCK in this scenario should also be 1500Mhz. You couldn't set it to 3000Mhz if you tried, though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

30 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

No. One if it's SPD profiles (that will run the advertised speeds)  will run when xmp is enabled at a certain voltage (typically around 1.35-1.4v) which is completely safe. 

The board usually sets the FCLK to it can be 1:1 so in this case it would automatically be set to 1500 theoretically. 

Sorry I didn't get that SPD part. you mean that its okay to enable xmp? 

43 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

The JEDEC standard sets the base clock of the RAM which is generally 2133Mhz or 2400Mhz. Anything over that is technically an overclock. The XMP is basically an approved set of clock speed, timings, and voltages that achieve the advertised speed of the RAM.

DDR literally means double data rate, so when you see an advertised speed of 3000Mhz, for example, that's actually 1500Mhz, effectively 3000Mhz because of the double data rate. The FLCK is tied to the *actual* clock speed of the RAM, though, so the FLCK in this scenario should also be 1500Mhz. You couldn't set it to 3000Mhz if you tried, though.

Okay so I if I set the xmp to 3000mhz which means that I'm overclocking the RAM by double as its working on 1500mhz? 

Alright in that case I won't change the FLCK then

24 minutes ago, RajTheGeek said:

you mean that its okay to enable xmp? 

Yes. Perfectly fine. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Yes. Perfectly fine. 

Thanks mate!