Games stuttering

Mando772004
6 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

didnt you see it literally stop for a second or 2? for me it was pretty obvious

Yes, but then it looked like it sped up.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

16 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

https://frondtech.com/fall-guys-performance-guide-lag-fix-crashing-stuttering-and-fps-drops/#Fall_Guys_-_System_Requirements this guide fixed me the problem i think it was a discord problem cuz i always have discord on

😑 Ahh, yes, Discord again, why am I not surprised. I have seen people have issues with that app a little too much. You're better off just closing it and using the app on your phone, so as to not give your PC another excuse to give you shit.

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

If it works fine in all other games, don´t you think it is just a issue with Fortnite.. Plenty of games are badly optimiced and have minor stutters, some are also online MP games (like Fortnite) and might stutter due to lag etc.

You could look if you have HPET on and try to change that. Could be your audio drivers (I would reinstall does) I personally highly doubt it has anything to do with your setup, mainly becuase the issue is only in those two games.

I don´t play Fortnite, but maybe you can do a verify files? like you can do on steam (Again I have no clue, since I don´t use EGS or play Fortnite) but that would atleast save you the reinstallation.

I have a similar system and I also sometimes lightly stutter in some games or specific areas of a game.. not because of my system, but because of the game.

5 minutes ago, Sahl said:

If it works fine in all other games, don´t you think it is just a issue with Fortnite.. Plenty of games are badly optimiced and have minor stutters, some are also online MP games (like Fortnite) and might stutter due to lag etc.

You could look if you have HPET on and try to change that. Could be your audio drivers (I would reinstall does) I personally highly doubt it has anything to do with your setup, mainly becuase the issue is only in those two games.

I don´t play Fortnite, but maybe you can do a verify files? like you can do on steam (Again I have no clue, since I don´t use EGS or play Fortnite) but that would atleast save you the reinstallation.

I have a similar system and I also sometimes lightly stutter in some games or specific areas of a game.. not because of my system, but because of the game.

whats ur specs and what games do you play on what settings and on what res?

14 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

whats ur specs and what games do you play on what settings and on what res?

You can see my spec on my profile (but I will do it here as well for you)

I play 1440p and alot of different games. All from casual rogue like games, GHRTS and modern Adventure RPG´s..

To give an example. I don´t stutter in KC:D all the time, but in certain areas and depending on load, I might get a micro stutter. In old games, I might stutter.. (I have not played CS for years, but I know that audio can trigger micro stutters in that game and well tbh.. many PC´s do stutter due to the coding anyway)
When games are online.. you will see lag/stutter/etc.. I don´t know anyone that have a flawless experience with MP games. I would be worried if you had huge stutters all the time and if it happened in all games including SP games.

What you can do is.

Look at the HPET thread

Lower settings/tweak your settings

For MP specific look at your ISP and maybe do a route trace?

I know Ram/CPU can bottleneck etc.. look at how much resources you use when playing.

Hopefully a bigger techie than me will come in with much better advice.

My system

System

• CPU
    I7 9700k
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING, S-1151
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3200MHz 16GB
  • GPU
    ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Super ROG Strix OC
  • Case
    Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Sort
  • Storage
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 SSD
  • PSU
    Corsair TX750M, 750W PSU
  • Display(s)
    Asus 27" LED G-Sync Rog Swift PG279Q
  • Cooling
    Noctua NH-U9S
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G110
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Operating System
    Win 10

Fortnite is not very well optimised. I've seen quite a few people have problems running it smoothly despite having hardware that is more than capable of playing the game. Sometimes the game devs just screw up. 

3 hours ago, Sahl said:

You can see my spec on my profile (but I will do it here as well for you)

I play 1440p and alot of different games. All from casual rogue like games, GHRTS and modern Adventure RPG´s..

To give an example. I don´t stutter in KC:D all the time, but in certain areas and depending on load, I might get a micro stutter. In old games, I might stutter.. (I have not played CS for years, but I know that audio can trigger micro stutters in that game and well tbh.. many PC´s do stutter due to the coding anyway)
When games are online.. you will see lag/stutter/etc.. I don´t know anyone that have a flawless experience with MP games. I would be worried if you had huge stutters all the time and if it happened in all games including SP games.

What you can do is.

Look at the HPET thread

Lower settings/tweak your settings

For MP specific look at your ISP and maybe do a route trace?

I know Ram/CPU can bottleneck etc.. look at how much resources you use when playing.

Hopefully a bigger techie than me will come in with much better advice.

My system

System

• CPU
    I7 9700k
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING, S-1151
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3200MHz 16GB
  • GPU
    ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Super ROG Strix OC
  • Case
    Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Sort
  • Storage
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 SSD
  • PSU
    Corsair TX750M, 750W PSU
  • Display(s)
    Asus 27" LED G-Sync Rog Swift PG279Q
  • Cooling
    Noctua NH-U9S
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G110
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Operating System
    Win 10

like i told you im not bottlenecked at all my cpu and gpu on low settings fortnite are always less than 50% sometimes the gpu goes above 50%

5 hours ago, WanderingMist said:

Fortnite is not very well optimised. I've seen quite a few people have problems running it smoothly despite having hardware that is more than capable of playing the game. Sometimes the game devs just screw up. 

what about fall guys it doesnt stutter alot like 1 stutter every hour maybe. is that also a optimisation problem? my friend with rx 5700xt and r5 2600x never gets these @Sahl @WanderingMist

1 hour ago, InfernalClaw said:

what about fall guys it doesnt stutter alot like 1 stutter every hour maybe. is that also a optimisation problem? my friend with rx 5700xt and r5 2600x never gets these @Sahl @WanderingMist

As I said, you can look at the other possible reasons I listed, If it gets any more complex than that, hopefully a bigger techie than me comes along.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2020 at 6:28 PM, InfernalClaw said:

I just downloaded fortnite cuz it got uninstalled by itself due to an issue about a month ago. anyways it keeps stuttering even when i limit my fps to my refresh rate (144). what could be the issue. i play on all low and off except view distance and textures. my frames would be 144 stable then it would suddenly jump to 130 or 140 and then go back to 144. my cpu and gpu temps are fine mainly 70 on my cpu and 52 on my gpu since im playing on low and the game isnt really gpu intensive on low.

SPECS:

Rtx 2080 Super stock speeds latest driver

Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2ghz (gigabyte ATC800 rgb cpu cooler)

16 GB ram ddr4 3000mhz

Game and windows installed on windows 970 evo plus 250gb

disable dx12 mode

(◑‿◐)

12 hours ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

disable dx12 mode

it was a game issue apparently so even dx12 disabled wasnt gonna help. i saw someone on yt with the same card that i have with a 9900k the game was stuttering so its a game issue even my friends with 1080 ti gets stutters

2 hours ago, InfernalClaw said:

it was a game issue apparently so even dx12 disabled wasnt gonna help. i saw someone on yt with the same card that i have with a 9900k the game was stuttering so its a game issue even my friends with 1080 ti gets stutters

🤔 But you did fix it by disabling Discord right? 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

19 minutes ago, BlackManINC said:

🤔 But you did fix it by disabling Discord right? 

for fortnite it was a game problem but for fall guys i THOUGHT i fixed it by disabling discord but eventually it came back so what i did is reinstalled the game again and voila it worked

44 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

for fortnite it was a game problem but for fall guys i THOUGHT i fixed it by disabling discord but eventually it came back so what i did is reinstalled the game again and voila it worked

🙂 Yeah, I have no idea why, but I also found simply reinstalling the game worked more often than anything else to fix the stuttering, good deal. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10