• Gigabyte
    • MSI
    • ROG/ASUS
    • AsRock
    • Saphire
    • ATI
    • XFX
    • OTHER (please comment)

Im genuinely curious who uses what company's gpus, before things change with the new gpu launches. REMEMBER: one brand per company vote.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Correct me if im wrong for use of "brand" and "company" in the poll

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

I'm interested to see how the next generation shakes out. AMD and Nvidia trade blows right now in the low to mid-range, while AMD doesn't have anything to compete with something like a 2080Ti, but rumors suggest that Navi 2 might actually give even a 3080Ti (or 3090, as it might be called) a run for it's money. That's just rumors, though, so obviously salt should be applied liberally.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Just now, Chris Pratt said:

3090, as it might be called) a run for it's money

The mythical 3090 seems to have 2 chips, if rumors are true

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

-uses Nvidia in main rig, AMD in bedside pc-

-has multiple brand of GPU plugged into main rig-

... Yes

Maybe allow multi choice?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

-uses Nvidia in main rig, AMD in bedside pc-

-has multiple brand of GPU plugged into main rig-

... Yes

Maybe allow multi choice?

ummm.... what one is the main? like, numbers would be skewed if i let multi choice. One person has 10 pcs with 10 difrent brands, split across amd ans nvidia, when someone has one amd pny gpu. 

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

The mythical 3090 seems to have 2 chips, if rumors are true

New rumor out that says the 3090 will be the 2190.  Rumors are like roaches. We apparently will know at least some stuff in a few weeks.   Unless it’s just another marketing “event” and nothing useful is revealed again.  I personally am not even going to start caring until the next AMD cards are out as well and in the hands of reviewers to compare them against each other.  Late 2020 maybe.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

ummm.... what one is the main? like, numbers would be skewed if i let multi choice. One person has 10 pcs with 10 difrent brands, split across amd ans nvidia, when someone has one amd pny gpu. 

I need multiple choice for this.  My main rig is using Nvidia and my wife's is AMD. Kind of unfair on the selection.  And ignore my signature at the bottom.  Haven't updated in a bit.  

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

5 minutes ago, Zusafek said:

I need multiple choice for this.  My main rig is using Nvidia and my wife's is AMD. Kind of unfair on the selection.  And ignore my signature at the bottom.  Haven't updated in a bit.  

Fine. Sec

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

IT. IS. DONE.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Im genuinely curious who uses what company's gpus, before things change with the new gpu launches.

I find brand loyalty to be near worthless with GPUs. At any given point a company can produce a good or terrible product.  The only gpu manufacturer I know of with a rep is astek, and their rep is to make GPUs that fit unusual size requirements.  There are a couple with bad reps I guess.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

I find brand loyalty to be near worthless with GPUs. At any given point a company can produce a good or terrible product.  The only gpu manufacturer I know of with a rep is astek, and their rep is to make GPUs that fit unusual size requirements.  There are a couple with bad reps I guess.  

I didn't say anything about brand loyalty

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

I didn't say anything about brand loyalty

True.

It has that ring though. “who uses which gpu company” “who uses which gpu brand” Might be possible to figure out what a given user has by what brand is chosen.  Most of them were really good at a particular point and bad at another.  I’ve got a wind force 970 for example, that was really well reviewed for noise when it came out and was a quiet card.  I looked at wind force 5700xts though and they were not considered good. I wound up with a procolor 580 because it was simultaneously decently reviewed and on sale, and my 970 had a massive problem with my monitor and win10.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

True.

It has that ring though. “who uses which gpu company” “who uses which gpu brand” Might be possible to figure out what a given user has by what brand is chosen.  Most of them were really good at a particular point and bad at another.  I’ve got a wind force 970 for example, that was really well reviewed for noise when it came out and was a quiet card.  I looked at wind force 5700xts though and they were not considered good. I wound up with a procolor 580 because it was simultaneously decently reviewed and on sale, and my 970 had a massive problem with my monitor and win10.

I was more looking at who uses amd vs nvidia rn. the brand was a after thought.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler