Which laptop CPU will be a better upgrade?

Which S1G1 CPU will be the best  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which CPU will do better?

• Mobile Sempron 3700+ (rev. F2) 1c / 1t 2 GHz 512 KB 25W
    • Mobile Sempron 3700+ 1c / 1t 2 GHz 512 KB 25W
    • Turion 64 X2 TL-60 (rev. G1) 2 c/ 2t 2 GHz 1 MB 31W
    • Other socket S1G1 laptop cpu 31w and under

I have a old laptop, and  it is socketed. What I want to know, is what cpu will be the best upgrade? It curently has a 1c/1t athlon 64 tf-20 1.6ghz. It has a option for a 25w CPU, so im willing to try up to a 31w cpu. If anyone knows anything about the Aspire 5532 cooling system, and would know it can take a 35w cpu, tell me please. I am also upgrading to 4gb of ram, and a new wifi card, and maybe a cheep ssd.  I want to be ably to use this a bit more than i do now.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

I want to be ably to use this a bit more than i do now.

For what? A fancy doorstop?

A single core CPU in this day and age will get crushed online.

You are throwing good money after bad. By the time you've gotten a new wifi card, new CPU, more ram and ssd, you'll have dropped close to 100$ into a system that at best will be worth 25$ (and that's *after* you've upgraded it)

Save your cash and buy something made this century.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

For what? A fancy doorstop?

A single core CPU in this day and age will get crushed online.

You are throwing good money after bad. By the time you've gotten a new wifi card, new CPU, more ram and ssd, you'll have dropped close to 100$ into a system that at best will be worth 25$ (and that's *after* you've upgraded it)

Save your cash and buy something made this century.

Ummm.... 2008 is this century though? Anyways, this is great for old windows 7 games, which i have a lot of. Btw, memory is 10$us for the new kit, the cpu is 5$us off of ebay. I have a wifi chip somewhere, but i need to find it, and the ssd would be 20$ if i could find a fatty dove one. 35$.  For a world of new preformance.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Ummm.... 2008 is this century though? Anyways, this is great for old windows 7 games, which i have a lot of. Btw, memory is 10$us for the new kit, the cpu is 5$us off of ebay. I have a wifi chip somewhere, but i need to find it, and the ssd would be 20$ if i could find a fatty dove one. 35$.  For a world of new preformance.

I'm pretty sure they didn't mean it literally.

I don't think that any of these chips can even run 1 tab of youtube properly...

i9-10940X @5.40GHz (currently the top OC record):  https://valid.x86.fr/5jiapc

i9-10940X Regular 24/7 @5.1GHz all core: http://valid.x86.fr/bj13uz

1 minute ago, ImNotNeko said:

I don't think that any of these chips can even run 1 tab of youtube properly...

the current one can. Also some how, my grandfather was able to use this loptop for his sermon (he is a pastor) until 1.5 yrs ago.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

10 hours ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

this is great for old windows 7 games

So is a VM, just trying to save you some money...

You biggest challenge will be cooling it. Going from 25w to 31w may not seem like much, but if the laptop wasn't designed to cool more than a 25w CPU, you are going to have issues.

But in any case, the more cores/threads you can get, generally speaking the better off you will be

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.