What would the performance jump be to a gt 710

Rylyguy
3 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

for $15 search for deals like r7 270, 280x, gtx950

1 minute ago, Rylyguy said:

I don’t have time to order it

If you don't have the time to search for used deals on GPUs, then that $15 GT710 is likely your best upgrade for now until you can save up to get something better.

3 minutes ago, Rylyguy said:

That is my goal. I’m planning on asking for a new psu and a 1650 for Christmas. But I needed a cheap card before school starts in a few days so I couldn’t order anything 

What PSU is your system currently running off?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

9 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

If you're running on a really old system with a weak PSU and terrible integrated graphics, a GT 710 for $15 USD is definitely a good way to get a little bit more use out of the system.

Preferably the card would have 2GB of GDDR5, although unless you are running at relatively high settings on games or working with complex models or rendering projects it should be fine, and seems like a really good deal at $15 USD, for me it would cost $50 USD to buy where I am.

If you're saving up in the long term, Nvidia could launch some new cards as well with better performance for the cost.

Wow $50. Didn’t the card launch at 35. And no I play at all low. I’d prefer decent detail with high FPS than high detail with low FPS. And anything I do in blender isn’t very big. 

4 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

If you don't have the time to search for used deals on GPUs, then that $15 GT710 is likely your best upgrade for now until you can save up to get something better.

What PSU is your system currently running off?

It’s is an antac basiq 430 watt 80 plus certified. 

5 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

with $15 i think i saw deals for amd 7770, 6950

It may be worth taking a look at local used markets or eBay for used GPUs, although keep in mind that it may take some time/effort and modern operating systems may have driver compatibility issues.

3 minutes ago, Rylyguy said:

Wow $50. Didn’t the card launch at 35. And no I play at all low. I’d prefer decent detail with high FPS than high detail with low FPS. And anything I do in blender isn’t very big. 

Unfortunately, it's pretty much Best Buy being the only computer hardware store nearby me and the increasing demand for the GT710 has caused their prices to increase from launch.

2 minutes ago, Rylyguy said:

It’s is an antac basiq 430 watt 80 plus certified. 

Yeah, then you'll probably want that PSU upgrade to go along with a more power-hungry card.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

25 minutes ago, Opencircuit74 said:

The performance increase you might get from going to a 710 is negligible. I'd save some money for a better card.

hey could you look at my last post it looks like my motherboard has only 1 fan header and that one is labelled for cpu

2 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

It may be worth taking a look at local used markets or eBay for used GPUs, although keep in mind that it may take some time/effort and modern operating systems may have driver compatibility issues.

Unfortunately, it's pretty much Best Buy being the only computer hardware store nearby me and the increasing demand for the GT710 has caused their prices to increase from launch.

Yeah, then you'll probably want that PSU upgrade to go along with a more power-hungry card.

Oh Best Buy. In my area they have higher prices than a lot of places too. But I just got lucky and found that The Office Depot near me has a 710. 

39 minutes ago, Rylyguy said:

Hi my current pc had 10 gb of ddr3 at 1333 a core I5 3450 and a gt 430. In csgo I can get 144+ FPS at 720p low settings. I was wondering about what the performance jump would be to a gt 710

the 710 would be a marginal improvement (like... 10-20% ish?)

for $15 i reckon it's better than 3 packs of gum, no harm getting it if other options arent available

your cpu could handle way more gpu horsepower, though

personally i would save up for a 750Ti or something better, but if you dont wanna wait that's fine too

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

for $15 i reckon it's better than 3 packs of gum, no harm getting it if other options arent available

personally i would save up for a 750Ti or something better, but if you dont wanna wait that's fine too

or an gtx 560 or gtx 650 ti 

i had both cards and they were f ing amazing

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

I’d like to but I have to have something by Monday and I was putting that 710 in my personal rig so the 430 could go in a cheap pc I’ve setup for school