Can I improve this current-gen budget gaming build?

marbled

Budget (including currency): £750-£800 before any discounts like Black Friday

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: New and old AAA games at 1080p e.g. Sekiro, Cyberpunk, Doom, Titanfall 2, Total Warhammer etc, plus basic productivity tasks e.g excel, word etc.

Other details:

I want to build a PC later this year to play games at 1080p on a 144Mhz monitor - I know about the expected new GPU/CPU releases and will be waiting to see what gets announced but if there are good deals like Black Friday, might snatch up discounted older tech (I've been playing on a standard PS4 for the last few years so anything will be an improvement!)

I've been playing around with this build and have really enjoyed learning about the components, so my question is whether this can be improved with stuff that's available now, and if so, why is the alternative better? That way I can lock this list down, keep an eye on new releases/deals and see how things go...

Would anything in my build prohibit upgrading the CPU/GPU down the road?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£158.97 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£73.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£64.99 @ Box Limited) 
Storage: Kingston A2000 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£56.99 @ Amazon UK)  (I know 500gb isn't huge storage but it'll do for now and I can throw in an SSD down the road if I need it.)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 5600 XT 6 GB Red Dragon Video Card  (£264.45 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: Cougar MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£38.89 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£79.99 @ Box Limited) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte GC-WB1733D-I PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  (£27.49 @ CCL Computers) 
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan  (£5.52 @ Amazon UK) 
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan  (£5.52 @ Amazon UK) 

Total - £776.78

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

That looks solid. I'd probably only get a nicer case, but other than that, those components should work really well together.

Something like a Phanteks P400A looks clean, should be easy to build in and has very good airflow, and comes in at 60 quid at the moment:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/3RJmP6/phanteks-eclipse-p400a-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec400atg_bk

You could also get away with no extra fans with this case, but if it fits into the budget, you could toss a 120mm fan in there to run as a rear exhaust, since the P400A comes with two 120mm intakes in the front by default.

I'd look for a Noctua NF-S12A chromax.black, NF-F12 chromax.black, be quiet! Silent Wings 3 or even a cheaper Arctic P12 which is still quite good for the price.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Not significantly. I would cheap out a bit on the case and PSU to squeeze a 5700 in there, and then flash that to a 5700xt.

But none of this applies to you. You want to build the PC later this year, by when new parts will be out and these will be meaningless.

This case is much better and the extra fan I put will give you even better airflow. If you can spend an extra £20 to get the TXM gold 550w psu then do it but this one is still a good one.

12 hours ago, Avocheeseado said:

This case is much better and the extra fan I put will give you even better airflow. If you can spend an extra £20 to get the TXM gold 550w psu then do it but this one is still a good one.

Oh thanks, I was hoping to get a Bronze PSU but they're so hard to find at the moment!

13 hours ago, Oswin said:

Oh interesting, the 3600MHz RAM I'd seen was all much more expense so thanks for flagging that one!