reapply thermal paste after AIO removal for a minute?

Guys,do I need to apply new thermal paste?

This one on CPU is 1 month old.

I had to unscrew and screw back the pump but I didn't remove old thermal paste.

I tested 3900X in Prime 95 (15 min) max load in P95 max heat,and it hit max 87 C.

I guess that is okay,and no need for apply new tp.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

4 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Guys,do I need to apply new thermal paste?

This one on CPU is 1 month old.

I had to unscrew and screw back the pump but I didn't remove old thermal paste.

I tested 3900X in Prime 95 (15 min) max load in P95 max heat,and it hit max 87 C.

I guess that is okay,and no need for apply new tp.

it's better to do so, pulling it apart and putting it back will very likely introduce pockets of air and mess with the heat transfer.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

it's better to do so, pulling it apart and putting it back will very likely introduce pockets of air and mess with the heat transfer.

but I did test it,87 C is acceptable with P95 on 3900X.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Just now, frozensun said:

but I did test it,87 C is acceptable with P95 on 3900X.

it's fine, just not ideal.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

1 minute ago, givingtnt said:

it's fine, just not ideal.

hmm,I got lower results then some guys I googled and their max temp goes at even 95 C.

So I guess this is okay.

Maybe I just got lucky cuz tp is fresh. 

31 minutes ago, frozensun said:

their max temp goes at even 95 C.

Max temp != Ideally where you want it.

You should be aiming for max temps of around 85 C when under full synthetic load.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.