BURNING MOTHERBOARD

I connected a rgb fan to my board and when started the board the board started smoking i quickly turning power to my pc off and disconnected the rgb fan from board. Now when i start the pc the burned area of the board gets extremely hot and red.

Wanted to know will it effcet my gpu or processor. And can i claim this in warranty or not.

Look at the 15j40 capacitor or IC above rgb header.

IMG_20200806_164156.jpg

That looks bad, but if the system works you are  lucky.

I wouldn't try to run this, but if it's emergency or end of a budget and the plate doesn't get hot it might be used.

I edit my posts more often than not

2 minutes ago, Icygujjar said:

I connected a rgb fan to my board and when started the board the board started smoking i quickly turning power to my pc off and disconnected the rgb fan from board. Now when i start the pc the burned area of the board gets extremely hot and red.

Wanted to know will it effcet my gpu or processor. And can i claim this in warranty or not.

Look at the 15j40 capacitor or IC above rgb header.

What RGB fan did you plug in most require a dedicated controller for them to work. Unfortunately if it was not the correct RGB protocol then they mos likely will not be accepted for warranty, however if the board still works then you are just out the RGB control. 

8 minutes ago, W-L said:

What RGB fan did you plug in most require a dedicated controller for them to work. Unfortunately if it was not the correct RGB protocol then they mos likely will not be accepted for warranty, however if the board still works then you are just out the RGB control. 

The board is working but when i turn it on ut starts to smell and it feels like its burning not turning it on with my gpu and processor still on it

As it gets hot and red i'd strongly recommend not to use the pc anymore. I'd try to play dumb and get warranty support so you don't have to buy a new one.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

As it gets hot and red i'd strongly recommend not to use the pc anymore. I'd try to play dumb and get warranty support so you don't have to buy a new one.

I bought the board from a local vendor going to contact them and just say they gave me a faulty board and it started smoking on its own. Will see what they say just pray my gpu cpu and ram are ok or else i will be doomed

1 minute ago, Icygujjar said:

I bought the board from a local vendor going to contact them and just say they gave me a faulty board and it started smoking on its own. Will see what they say just pray my gpu cpu and ram are ok or else i will be doomed

what mobo is this

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

7 minutes ago, Icygujjar said:

The board is working but when i turn it on ut starts to smell and it feels like its burning not turning it on with my gpu and processor still on it

No that's not good you have a dead short somewhere hopefully just a component which can be removed. However see if they are willing to cover the board under warranty or help in the repair process. 

If you have a local electronics repair they should know how to at least remove the shorted components to have it still function just without RGB.

Also what RGB fan and motherboard is this? 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

No that's not good you have a dead short somewhere hopefully just a component which can be removed. However see if they are willing to cover the board under warranty or help in the repair process. 

If you have a local electronics repair they should know how to at least remove the shorted components to have it still function just without RGB.

Also what RGB fan and motherboard is this? 

Its a ASUS TUF B365M PLUS GAMING mobo dont

1 hour ago, Niaboi said:

Its a ASUS TUF B365M PLUS GAMING mobo dont

You have a second RGB header on that board that you can use as long as this burning/heating issue has been resolved. Just make sure your device is compatible for that header. 

18 minutes ago, W-L said:

You have a second RGB header on that board that you can use as long as this burning/heating issue has been resolved. Just make sure your device is compatible for that header. 

F rgb not putting my pc on risk again. Might just buy a new board. Its better to spend some buvks rather than living with doubts all the time. After all repaired computer parts do make problems btw thanks everyone for their kind responses