How's your Gigabyte B450M DS3H holding up? Overall thought on that motherboard?

I'm planning to get that motherboard

If its bad, not good or meh, i'll go with b450m steel legend

it's not bad, but what are you powering? it's not the best, and unless you're on a tight budget, i would get something else. 

budget for board? and what are you powering. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

9 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

it's not bad, but what are you powering? it's not the best, and unless you're on a tight budget, i would get something else. 

budget for board? and what are you powering. 

Budget i'll say $150 below or maybe a little high and 550W

10 hours ago, Arkland909 said:

i'll say $150 below

for the board?

10 hours ago, Arkland909 said:

a little high and 550W

no i mean what cpu are you powering? 

but for b450: tomahawk, a pro max (non m), mortar max, can all handle a 12 core just fine (though some may need some airflow directed towards their vrm), pro 4 and the steel legend will handle an 8 core just fine, but will probably struggle with a 12 core, (pro 4 and the steel legend are similar in terms of vrm), and the pro vdh max which can handle an 8 core, though im not quite sure how good it can power a 12 core. 

for b550: mortar, a pro, should cost around 140-160ish bucks and will handle a 12/16 core just fine, b550 vdh, will handle a 12 core just fine, (it basically has the same vrm as the tomahawk). 

for x570: you can find the x570-p for around 160ish bucks which will power a 12/16 core, but it does lack some features. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

9 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

for the board?

no i mean what cpu are you powering? 

but for b450: tomahawk, a pro max (non m), mortar max, can all handle a 12 core just fine (though some may need some airflow directed towards their vrm), pro 4 and the steel legend will handle an 8 core just fine, but will probably struggle with a 12 core, (pro 4 and the steel legend are similar in terms of vrm), and the pro vdh max which can handle an 8 core, though im not quite sure how good it can power a 12 core. 

for b550: mortar, a pro, should cost around 140-160ish bucks and will handle a 12/16 core just fine, b550 vdh, will handle a 12 core just fine, (it basically has the same vrm as the tomahawk). 

for x570: you can find the x570-p for around 160ish bucks which will power a 12/16 core, but it does lack some features. 

$150 board, yes.

Sorry i thought you meant by psu. Cpu ryzen 3 3200g. Will upgrade to ryzen 7 in the future.

1 minute ago, Arkland909 said:

Cpu ryzen 3 3200g. Will upgrade to ryzen 7 in the future.

Yea so b550 is out of the question then. 

Then any of the b450 boards I suggested will power an 8 core easily. 

Build Log: 

8 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Yea so b550 is out of the question then. 

Then any of the b450 boards I suggested will power an 8 core easily. 

Ok thanks, much appreciated

22 minutes ago, Arkland909 said:

$150 board, yes.

Sorry i thought you meant by psu. Cpu ryzen 3 3200g. Will upgrade to ryzen 7 in the future.

Consider a B450 Pro4 I'd you need a value board.