minecraft issue

JustAGamer325

Hi everyone!

So I recently bought my first pc. It has a ryzen 7 3700x and 16gb 3600mhz cl 18 tridentZ RGB ram. I am facing a problem when I play minecraft though - I'm getting only about 130 fps at 12 chunks. I have the capacity to run the game at much more fps but why can't I?

Can you list the full system specs so people can better advise. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Simply put because Minecraft doesn't use a good render API. Afaik it's running with openGL, which is badly optimized. If it would have a good Vulkan or DirectX11/12 implementation, it will likely run much smoother. But i doubt that will ever happen, because this would require fundamental reprogramming of the game.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Bad optimization of the actual engine. 

As @Stahlmann98 said, don’t expect a redesign because of how long it would physically take to reprogram all of Minecraft. 

Did you changed the allocated memory?

Go under profiles, look for the profile you want to play on eg. 1.16.1, press more options, find the JVM arguments and change -Xmx1G to like -Xmx8G ( 1 to 8GB Ram)

EDIT: my specs: 2600x , 16gb 3000mhz ram, GTX1060 - im getting like 6-800fps on unlimited fps setting

4 minutes ago, AlexAfterwork said:

Go under profiles, look for the profile you want to play on eg. 1.16.1, press more options, find the JVM arguments and change -Xmx1G to like -Xmx8G ( 1 to 8GB Ram)

This could help too, but i run into similar limits with minecraft like op is. Also running 3700X and 16GB of 3600MHz cl16 RAM and a 1080Ti. Also if you don't already use it, install optifine. My limit is 16 chunks while keeping my monitors 120Hz satiated.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Just now, Stahlmann98 said:

This could help too, but i run into similar limits with minecraft like op is. Also running 3700X and 16GB of 1600MH cl16 RAM and a 1080Ti. Also if you don't already use it, install optifine. My limit is 16 chunks while keeping my monitors 120Hz satiated.

optifine is a very good idea.

If you´re playing older versions like 1.12 and below, check out labymod or badlion client, gives you better customization regarding video settings

2 minutes ago, AlexAfterwork said:

optifine is a very good idea.

If you´re playing older versions like 1.12 and below, check out labymod or badlion client, gives you better customization regarding video settings

I am on optifine

9 minutes ago, gloop said:

Bad optimization of the actual engine. 

As @Stahlmann98 said, don’t expect a redesign because of how long it would physically take to reprogram all of Minecraft. 

5 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

This could help too, but i run into similar limits with minecraft like op is. Also running 3700X and 16GB of 3600MHz cl16 RAM and a 1080Ti. Also if you don't already use it, install optifine. My limit is 16 chunks while keeping my monitors 120Hz satiated.

8 minutes ago, AlexAfterwork said:

EDIT: my specs: 2600x , 16gb 3000mhz ram, GTX1060 - im getting like 6-800fps on unlimited fps setting

21 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Can you list the full system specs so people can better advise. 

For some reason turning off game mode from windows settings fixed it

1 minute ago, JustAGamer325 said:

For some reason turning off game mode from windows settings fixed it

Haha what even is "game" mode? Never heard of that for windows. Good to hear it actually decreases your performance :D

9 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Haha what even is "game" mode? Never heard of that for windows. Good to hear it actually decreases your performance :D

Yeah that was already on, I didn't even do it myself. I heard somewhere that it decreases performance so I tried it out and sure enough, it worked!

10 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

it stabilizes the refreshrate... i guess it turned the fps down to its avg. marks.