Strange monitoring data

(Btw sorry if my question is stupid im kinda new)
Hello, as i was uninstalling a program i wanted to see my CPU utilization , so i opened the task manager. In the task manager i saw 100% utilization and i opened HW monitor as well to make sure ( i was extremely curious). HW gave me 10-50% utilization and TM gave me 100% , why?

Thank you in advance : )

image.thumb.png.c7f2f7ad77a2aefcb5896d72220dc5f9.png

Tech enthusiast from the land of dept ( Greece ) and casual overclocker. If it has a processor i will overclock it, monitor yes, my car's ecu yes, my brain... yes.

MAIN PC R5 5500 / 32GB RAM / 6900XT
SERVER : i7 2600 / 12GB RAM / 8TB

Just now, Not Wills said:

Compression?

you mean what i was doing?

Tech enthusiast from the land of dept ( Greece ) and casual overclocker. If it has a processor i will overclock it, monitor yes, my car's ecu yes, my brain... yes.

this is sorta reverse, where task manager wont show 100% but system resource will report otherwise

this is related to clockspeed though

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

this is sorta reverse, where task manager wont show 100% but system resource will report otherwise

Thanks a lot < 3

2 hours ago, JewPacaBraZ said:

Hello, as i was uninstalling a program i wanted to see my CPU utilization , so i opened the task manager. In the task manager i saw 100% utilization and i opened HW monitor as well to make sure ( i was extremely curious). HW gave me 10-50% utilization and TM gave me 100% , why?

Yeah CPU Utilization in Task Manager has been broken since Windows 8 came out and Microsoft never bothered to fix it

2 hours ago, Moonzy said:

It's still the same scenario :D Task Manager and Resource Monitor will report the same thing but the difference is Resource Monitor will go beyond 100% depending on the current clock over base clock, so for example if Base Clock is 3.2Ghz and your current Boost Clock/Overclock is 4Ghz, then Resource Monitor's percentage scale would be between 0 - 125% (4/3.2 = 25%) while Task Manager would be artificially limited to 100%.

assuming the CPU is constantly at 4Ghz, otherwise the scale would be all over the place and it becomes more complicated

I don't know how to explain it better, mainly because it's beyond stupid and it doesn't make any sense

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.