Corsiar icue sucks a**, need new case fans

Tuan

my new build i'm using LL120 from corsiar with ICUE. It turns out, Icue its making my new build freezes randomly from time to time and have to force shut down each time * breaks my heart each time I had to kill my new pc* 
Seem like a lot of ppl have the same problem on the corsiar forum. So now I have $100+ worth of fans that I can't even change the RGB colors. Will be returning these and look for something new. 
any recommendation?  I currently have a black and white build, would like white LED if possible and quiet fans with good air movement.  so disappointed in Corsiar right now.  

That is odd. I have one and have zero issues with it. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

I have zero issues with iCue personally. I have TONS of things on it... 6 LL fans, Water pump, 4 RGB strips, GPU waterblock converted to work with iCue, Asus Motherboard.. it all works just fine with no issues. 

This also includes an Commander Pro and a lighting node pro. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I use iCUE and have no issues, are you sure iCUE is the issue?

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

7 minutes ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

6 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

I have zero issues with iCue personally. I have TONS of things on it... 6 LL fans, Water pump, 4 RGB strips, GPU waterblock converted to work with iCue, Asus Motherboard.. it all works just fine with no issues. 

This also includes an Commander Pro and a lighting node pro. 

So i'm doing more research and checked my event logs. It came back " request thread encountered an error: Failed to send result: Io(Os { code: 232, kind: BrokenPipe, message: "The pipe is being closed." }) " around the same time my pc froze. I just uninstall NZXT CAM and will be reinstalling Icue. see if its CAM or Icue. 

1 minute ago, ImAlsoRan said:

I use iCUE and have no issues, are you sure iCUE is the issue?

hey, I thought ICUE was the issues but i recently checked my event logs and saw " request thread encountered an error: Failed to send result: Io(Os { code: 232, kind: BrokenPipe, message: "The pipe is being closed." }) " it came back to " CAM " guessing its the NZXT CAM program. I just uninstalled CAM and reinstalled Icue, will see if its still freezing!

2 minutes ago, Tuan said:

So i'm doing more research and checked my event logs. It came back " request thread encountered an error: Failed to send result: Io(Os { code: 232, kind: BrokenPipe, message: "The pipe is being closed." }) " around the same time my pc froze. I just uninstall NZXT CAM and will be reinstalling Icue. see if its CAM or Icue. 

Probably have conflicts from them trying to use the same data stream. Happens even with say iCue and HWInfo64... less software is better with monitoring. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

4 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Probably have conflicts from them trying to use the same data stream. Happens even with say iCue and HWInfo64... less software is better with monitoring. 

Yes I agree, I wish I put more thought into it before building this PC ( my first build ). I only use NZXT CAM to control the fan speeds since the case came with a LED/fan hub thingy.  are there ways I can control all my case fans speed without using NZXT CAM? 

Just now, Tuan said:

Yes I agree, I wish I put more thought into it before building this PC ( my first build ). I only use NZXT CAM to control the fan speeds since the case came with a LED/fan hub thingy.  are there ways I can control all my case fans speed without using NZXT? 

Yes, if you plug them into your motherboard you should be able to control them if they are 4 pin PWM. If not, if they are 3 pin, you need to consult your motherboard manual to see if it supports DC voltage control which most modern motherboards do. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Yes, if you plug them into your motherboard you should be able to control them if they are 4 pin PWM. If not, if they are 3 pin, you need to consult your motherboard manual to see if it supports DC voltage control which most modern motherboards do. 

they are 4 pin..I will try it tomorrow morning , need a splitter for the 4 fans i think. thank you for your help!

9 hours ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

Everything I opened HWinfo64, all the fans would go nuts. Yeah, the fans were connected to Commander Pro, controlled by icue. Go back to BIOS fan control and a simple fan hub now.

19 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

bad news...computer just froze again and didnt have nzxt cam running this time and my fans are connected to the mobo with no problem....

Gonna uninstall ICUE for now to see if its the problem. 

If you need replacement fans, why not get something like the be quiet fans (black and white) and grab a white LED strip.

I think corsair makes white ML fans but they can get pretty loud. The only other white LED case fans I can think of is the Thermaltake Riings.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

13 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

If you need replacement fans, why not get something like the be quiet fans (black and white) and grab a white LED strip.

I think corsair makes white ML fans but they can get pretty loud. The only other white LED case fans I can think of is the Thermaltake Riings.

I'm actually looking on amazon for new fans as I saw your message.  I dont really care for LED anymore. I'm about to return the corsair fans and the ram and pick something else up. no point having a corsiar set up if i can't even use the ICUE without crashing. 

Which version of be quiet would you recommend? looking for something that is near dead silent at 50% speed

2 minutes ago, Tuan said:

I'm actually looking on amazon for new fans as I saw your message.  I dont really care for LED anymore. I'm about to return the corsair fans and the ram and pick something else up. no point having a corsiar set up if i can't even use the ICUE without crashing. 

Which version of be quiet would you recommend? looking for something that is near dead silent at 50% speed

I bought the high RPM fans that go up to 1500 RPM by accident for my build and they are pretty loud at full speed. They are basically silent around 1000 RPM though so unless you need the brute force or higher airflow of the high RPM don't get them.

These are the ones I would recommend.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

37 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

I bought the high RPM fans that go up to 1500 RPM by accident for my build and they are pretty loud at full speed. They are basically silent around 1000 RPM though so unless you need the brute force or higher airflow of the high RPM don't get them.

These are the ones I would recommend.

cool thanks, looked over some YT vids and reviews they look dependable! I will pick them up once I get the refund from the LL120s

7 hours ago, Tuan said:

cool thanks, looked over some YT vids and reviews they look dependable! I will pick them up once I get the refund from the LL120s

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ARCTIC-Value-Pack-Computer-Cooler/dp/B07KK4GDLN/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=p12+pwm&qid=1596454510&sr=8-6

Does the same thing without being ridiculously expensive.