Spectre & Meltdown performance problems

Hi all, I wanted to ask about wether or not i should turn off spectre and meltdown protection on my PC. When i'm playing RDR2 and when i'm in cities/towns, i get bad stutter des[ite of my FPS being higher or very close to 60. I tried every fix and it was all in vain until someone suggested to turn this malware protection off. This worked and completely got rid of the stuttering and also gave me a few bonus FPS. I'm running an i7-4790 in my pc. So, the chances are i never even got a patch for it because despite my CPU being old, my bios isn't updated as well? The performance difference after disabling this from the software "InSpectre" is noticable. What i usually do is when i want to play intensive games, i turn this off and restart my PC and stay away from internet browsers and turn it back on when i'm done and again restart (It requires a restart to apply the change). Should i just turn it off or keep doing what i do?

Thanks!

Specs: i7-4790 cooled by Cooler Master MA410p, 16GB DDR3 1600mhz, MSI GTX 1070, 240GB GIGABYTE SSD (boot), 2TB WD Blue HDD (Games), CORSAIR HX620 PSU (620w 80+ Standard)

Just remember to follow this tutorial so that you reduce the risk of going onto the web without protection

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming