Python?

Pelop17

Hello guys,

So i have this question. I started learning python as my programming language but i decided to use xcode to make apps for apple

Can i use python in xcode( and the simulator)

The thing i want is to do what obective-c can do but with python, & all the feature xcode can give

Can i do this?

Hello guys,

So i have this question. I started learning python as my programming language but i decided to use xcode to make apps for apple

Can i use python in xcode( and the simulator)

The thing i want is to do what obective-c can do but with python, & all the feature xcode can give

Can i do this?

If you want to make Applications/Apps with a GUI (and use the builtin Xcode GUI tools) you will have to use Objective-C, which is a superset of C

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

If you want to make Applications/Apps with a GUI (and use the builtin Xcode GUI tools) you will have to use Objective-C, which is a supers

Thanks. But if i use only python in xcode what will i have( only scripts)?

Thanks. But if i use only python in xcode what will i have( only scripts)?

Well, you probably also can make GUI apps with python, but I highly doubt, you'd be able to use Xcode tools like the storyboard editor (etc.) as all of them rely on Objective-C.

Well, you probably also can make GUI apps with python, but I highly doubt, you'd be able to use Xcode tools like the storyboard editor (etc.) as all of them rely on Objective-C.

is there is any other way of making apps for apple using python?

is there is any other way of making apps for apple using python?

By Apple you mean iOS or OS X?

Most certainly ther are ways for both options.

Why are you so fixed on Python? If you know one programming language it isn't that hard to learn another one.

By Apple you mean iOS or OS X?

Most certainly ther are ways for both options.

Why are you so fixed on Python? If you know one programming language it isn't that hard to learn another one

I want to write apps for both platoforms ( osx and ios)

I will start learning python cause is very easy rather than objective c

What will i do?

I want to write apps for both platoforms ( osx and ios)

I will start learning python cause is very easy rather than objective c

What will i do?

generally speaking python should....not be used in any sort of iOS/Osx development, unless the part you are programming is extremely light. Python is an interpreted high level language, its execution time is TERRIBLE compared to other more commonly used languages (I saw a stat that on avg python executes 41x slower than java). For scripts thats no problem. but if your doing anything heavy, it will really start slowing down your program. Personally I use python only to draft my algorithms. Then i implement them in another language. Its a great for algorithm design because of how many shortcuts it has but it really shouldn't be used for app development.

as for learning ObjC. its a pain no doubt about it. IMO its even harder than java/C# or C++. There are some things that ObjC does differently from other languages that really take its toll on the developer.

My advice:

start with python, and learn the basics of programming.

transition into java or C++ to get more into object oriented (python object oriented is HORRENDOUS)

then read DEEPLY into manual memory management Before iOS development. objective C does not have a GC. everything must be done manually. 

as for switching to a new language... you may have not hit this point yet, but after a while the actual syntax of a language is picked up quite easily. it usually takes less than 2-3 weeks to transition from 1 language to another and be proficient in it.

generally speaking python should....not be used in any sort of iOS/Osx development, unless the part you are programming is extremely light. Python is an interpreted high level language, its execution time is TERRIBLE compared to other more commonly used languages (I saw a stat that on avg python executes 41x slower than java). For scripts thats no problem. but if your doing anything heavy, it will really start slowing down your program. Personally I use python only to draft my algorithms. Then i implement them in another language. Its a great for algorithm design because of how many shortcuts it has but it really shouldn't be used for app development.

as for learning ObjC. its a pain no doubt about it. IMO its even harder than java/C# or C++. There are some things that ObjC does differently from other languages that really take its toll on the developer.

My advice:

transition into java or C++ to get more into object oriented (python object oriented is HORRENDOUS)

then read DEEPLY into manual memory management Before iOS development. objective C does not have a GC. everything must be done manually. 

as for switching to a new language... you may have not hit this point yet, but after a while the actual syntax of a language is picked up quite easily. it usually takes less than 2-3 weeks to transition from 1 language to another and be proficient in it.

So i will start with python ( i will need at least 6 months to learn the basics) and then switched to C++

And after another 6 months of C++ change to objC.

From all this effort objC should be like a game not difficult

right?

I am guessing you already have a mac and iPhone if you are asking about this...but if you happen to have an android sitting around I would seriously consider learning Android first.

If you are really set on making iPhone apps then yes I would recommend a similar approach as what you said...although I personally would change it up a bit.

Learn Java (or C# first, although I recommend Java as it can easily transition to Android development...although C# and Java are easy to switch between after you learnt one you can learn the other fairly quickly).

The reason for Java/C# over python is Java and C# will force you to learn about object oriented programming.

After being competent at Java, I would actually go for C (not C++).  The reason for this is from my memory objC can take everything C can, but C++ won't always run in objC *I only used ObjC for a brief time in school, so someone correct me if I am wrong*.  This way you can learn about the nitty-gritties of memory management in C, while not relying too much on libraries that might not be there when moving over to ObjC.

From there I would say learn C++ (it actually shouldn't be too hard at this point.  C++ does add a few concepts, but you should have a good grasp of objects from Java/C# and then you get the benefit of knowing the C memory management...so you don't have to struggle with C++ and C memory management all at once)

Finally from there go learn ObjC...although if I recall you could basically cheat and write most of the core in C and just use ObjC for the GUI\

Anyways, that is just my opinion (and I am bound to be somewhere...my experience with ObjC was very very very limited *most of the time writing the code and just sending it to a friend to compile*)

If you want to really learn about App development, I would actually recommend Android though....it seems to be a lot easier to get into and develop for when you start with zero knowledge of programming (and in theory if written right your java programs could be run on a computer as well)

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

My advice:

I am guessing you already have a mac and iPhone if you are asking about this...but if you happen to have an android sitting around I would seriously consider learning Android first.

If you are really set on making iPhone apps then yes I would recommend a similar approach as what you said...although I personally would change it up a bit.

Learn Java (or C# first, although I recommend Java as it can easily transition to Android development...although C# and Java are easy to switch between after you learnt one you can learn the other fairly quickly).

The reason for Java/C# over python is Java and C# will force you to learn about object oriented programming.

After being competent at Java, I would actually go for C (not C++).  The reason for this is from my memory objC can take everything C can, but C++ won't always run in objC *I only used ObjC for a brief time in school, so someone correct me if I am wrong*.  This way you can learn about the nitty-gritties of memory management in C, while not relying too much on libraries that might not be there when moving over to ObjC.

From there I would say learn C++ (it actually shouldn't be too hard at this point.  C++ does add a few concepts, but you should have a good grasp of objects from Java/C# and then you get the benefit of knowing the C memory management...so you don't have to struggle with C++ and C memory management all at once)

Finally from there go learn ObjC...although if I recall you could basically cheat and write most of the core in C and just use ObjC for the GUI\

Anyways, that is just my opinion (and I am bound to be somewhere...my experience with ObjC was very very very limited *most of the time writing the code and just sending it to a friend to compile*)

If you want to really learn about App development, I would actually recommend Android though....it seems to be a lot easier to get into and develop for when you start with zero knowledge of programming (and in theory if written right your java programs could be run on a computer as well)

i have found my plan:

learn python and then move to java ,

then to C and then to c++ or the opposite.

and then move to ObjC. So with all this knowledge i will be fixed, not have any problem with making programs!!

I will be able to make any programme i want!

Thanks for all those advise. I will start straight away

If you have anything to add or suggest . PLEASE post!

i have found my plan:

learn python and then move to java ,

then to C and then to c++ or the opposite.

and then move to ObjC. So with all this knowledge i will be fixed, not have any problem with making programs!!

I will be able to make any programme i want!

Thanks for all those advise. I will start straight away

If you have anything to add or suggest . PLEASE post!

Have fun!

(Pretty important)

Learning